• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Is GoPro still the way to go?

The front mount is a lousy picture, but the rear mount is much more clear. Both are low key and not really visible unless you know what you're looking for. I'm just going to have to get into the habit of wiping off the lenses at fuel stops.

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...=75c7261df4249f11b8128229483889da&oe=5C3BC3AE

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...=93eae42c13a7c7b65d2d42962c0b437f&oe=5BFE57F4

Front Install.jpg

Rear Install - Edited.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, here's the video sample of my ride home from the shop. Stop and go commute traffic. Front camera only.

Last edited by a moderator:
At 1080p it still takes getting up close to read license plates, otherwise it is really good.

We finished the trip from Houston to Alberta and back with adventures in Glacier and Yellowstone among other places. The Bravo was mounted part of the time on J's Dl650 and part of the time on mine. I like the ability to switch lens angles. The videos were INCREDIBLE in terms of resolution. The photos were great. My only complaint was the storage. We ran 64GB San Disk and Samsung Micro SD cards. They only lasted a day or so and then I had to figure out how to take stuff and store it elsewhere to free up space. The waterproof case worked well. My only complaint about it was the fact it wore spots in the camera exterior. It is now a Black camera with lots of exposed white/gray plastic. I am working wiht the manufacturer to get it replaced.

If anyone wants to see videos or photos let me know.

Amazon had the Bravo 4 on a lightening deal again on Thursday.

Oh yeah, make 100% certain you guy at least 4 extra batteries. The sucker eats them for lunch and snacks.

I wouldn't mind seeing a sample video. Alos, how was the battery life on it? You say it eats them but how long does a single battery usually last?

I'll post some videos next week. Still trying to sort through 3+ terabytes of videos and stills from the trip. We had 4 cameras and that's a pain to get all of them cataloged. 2 A6000 Sony, 1 point and shoot Panasonic and the GoPro knock off.

Batteries... Well i would guess about an hour each at Max. We had a total of 6 batteries that we started each day off charged. Thank goodness for USB charging capabilities on the fly.
I wouldn't mind seeing a sample video. Alos, how was the battery life on it? You say it eats them but how long does a single battery usually last?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

That looks pretty good, look forward to seeing your polished edited results.

Edit? Polish? Was ist das? :rofl:

Still have the GoPro Hero 2. Works pretty well still. No problems with it.

This was crossing the Mackinac Bridge this summer. Lot's of bumps from the expansion joints, but I'm cool with the quality for a "ride" video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QzTTWnpyTs&t=24s"]Ride over the Mackinac Bridge! - YouTube[/ame]

I did just get a good deal on Garmin Virb XE and the benefit to this is that it works in conjunction with my Zumo 590. The 590 includes controls to start and stop filming with the Virb XE. I'll be testing that out this Fall in the Smokies.

Do you have any suggestions for software? I'm not exactly the most proficient in video editing. Photos I'm Golden.
That looks pretty good, look forward to seeing your polished edited results.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

There's a lot of good stuff out there. I usually end up using Windows Movie Maker because it's easy and free. But there's better stuff of course.

Windows? :puke:

Gotta be Android since we're running Chromebooks now. I'll see what I can find.

Just bought a $30 camera off close-outs- from a company AEE LYFE SILVER. Size of the GoPro and 4K. The comparisons call it better color and lighting. It connects Wi-Fi to my Iphone for controls.
Anyone else have one?
Company makes drones, cop cams, and UAV systems.

Friend just bought a Gopro 7, really loves it. If have wifi can put on Facebook live, how cool.

Picked up a $30 camera this afternoon. At Home Depot no less. Waterproof case, assorted mounts, anti-jitter, etc. We'll see how it works out?

I'm hoping to get a camera soon, but being cheap makes it hard. I'd love to hear how the different cameras are going with everyone.

Back