• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Colorado Springs

Reaction score
I've selected a few of my favorites from our trip to Colorado. I loved Colorado Springs and hope to go back again!

Garden of the Gods was such a beautiful place for early morning hikes! We enjoyed the peace and tranquility before the park filled up for the day.
P7100030-L.jpg

Hiking Seven Falls was a nice challenge, beautiful scenery and waterfalls.
P7100096-L.jpg

P7100113-L.jpg

The day we rode the train up Pike's Peak was overcast with rain. The clouds and the rain in the mountains was just beautiful.
P7110153-L.jpg

P7110159-L.jpg

P7110170-L.jpg

This photo of the mines is one of my favorites becuase of the colors and textures.
P7110183-L.jpg

We got up early one morning to watch the sun rise over Colorado Springs and Pike's Peak.
P7120258-L.jpg

P7120269-L.jpg

We stopped at the Royal Gorge Bridge on the way south from Colorado Springs. The view from the far side of the bridge was beautiful!
P7140393-L.jpg

The moon was still out in the deep blue sky.
P7140400-L.jpg

And, for those of you who love flower pictures, this one makes me smile!
P7140405-L.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

Jennifer

Last edited:
Re: Colorado Spring

Nice collection. My favorites are the close up of the water running, the end of the line with the rain and mountains in the background, and the alpenglow.

Oh, and the sunrise/sunset (no sure which) that is kind of dark on the bottom. I'd be tempted to use the gradient tool in Lightroom up from the bottom and slightly lighten the exposure and/or brighten shadows. Not a lot, but just enough to show what's in that dark are a little.

Brought back memories. Took my boys there 5 years ago and hit all the same places. Been wanting to go back every since. Thanks for sharing!

WITGDHIGOAH

Great pics! I love the Springs too. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice collection. My favorites are the close up of the water running, the end of the line with the rain and mountains in the background, and the alpenglow.

Oh, and the sunrise/sunset (no sure which) that is kind of dark on the bottom. I'd be tempted to use the gradient tool in Lightroom up from the bottom and slightly lighten the exposure and/or brighten shadows. Not a lot, but just enough to show what's in that dark are a little.

Thanks for the feedback!

This is the same sunrise, different settings so that the foreground is more exposed.

https://jenniferdrumm.smugmug.com/Travel/Colorado-2017/i-SBHXqCx

Thanks, was a wonderful trip and I enjoyed the opportunity to practice some different photography challenges. Still have so much to learn about Lightroom editing!

Great images. I like the flower.

Back