• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello everyone!

Big Bandit said:
Do you know what part of Africa you will be in? That sounds awesome. I spent three weeks in Mozambique a couple of years ago. I went over and helped construct a new building at a hospital, as a volunteer.
She's going to Guinea. not sure where exactly, she can fill in those details

I havn't been to Africa since I was nearly 7. My parents were missionaries in Zambia. Dad did maintenance and mom tried to keep up with me and the younger bro!

I want to go back and SCUBA Lake Malawi!!

Hey, sorry it takes me a while to answer but I don't have internet access currently so finding a connection available can be tricky:)
Yes, I am going to Guinea Africa (on the north west part of Africa). I am going to be working with the Susu tribe, which means that not only will I be learning to speak Susu, but also french (which I am excited about).
Hey everyone, thanks so much for all the advice and suggestion, they are much appreciated and I am starting to research them all!
Thanks also Scott for adivce on the class, I think I am going to do that when before I get my liscence.
I finally convinced my father to join (Wing Nut). He had a goldwing before I came along, and in his heart he has always had a spot in his heart for motorcycles. Now that my sister and I are out of the house, he is again searching for one!

I've spent many good years in Angola off and on, and from that limited perspective I think you will be amazed, challenged, and rewarded with the richness of the experience. Immerse and enjoy.

Having this site to stay plugged into while you are away will be a good lifeline. If you send us updates from time to time on how you are getting along and what you see, it will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the site!

Dave.

texannurse said:
Hey, sorry it takes me a while to answer but I don't have internet access currently so finding a connection available can be tricky:)
Yes, I am going to Guinea Africa (on the north west part of Africa). I am going to be working with the Susu tribe, which means that not only will I be learning to speak Susu, but also french (which I am excited about).
Hey everyone, thanks so much for all the advice and suggestion, they are much appreciated and I am starting to research them all!
Thanks also Scott for adivce on the class, I think I am going to do that when before I get my liscence.
I finally convinced my father to join (Wing Nut). He had a goldwing before I came along, and in his heart he has always had a spot in his heart for motorcycles. Now that my sister and I are out of the house, he is again searching for one!

Welcome.

Some info you might be interested in -

MSF info -

http://www.wheels-in-motion.com/

Link to Adv Rider where you should be able to get lots of good info on riding in Africa -

http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

-

Back