• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Can't be happier to be here

Reaction score
Hi my name is Nick and I am a cyclaholic. I just recently purchased my first bike. A red '01 zr-7s with less than 5000 miles on it. It is a great bike except for the fact that I bought it all busted up. My goal is to either repair it or sell it off in pieces.
jG_4558.JPG

I am excited to have found a texas-centered forum to discuss the issues that I am encountering with this motorcycle. After spending time cruising forums based out of the UK it was a relief to find people closer to home and that don't use spanners.

I live in the North Dallas area and am looking for salvage yards to scour for parts. I have had almost no luck finding any. I am also building my own little shop in my garage. So far I have a work bench and shelves. My newest little project is a parts washer that I found a plan for online.

:welcome: Nick!

I also have the 2001 red ZR7S (my son rides it usually) and Paul (Jing) in Garland also has one. Rick Miller (Dallas) has an 03 yellow one.

They are great bikes - hope you can get yours up and running and find out first-hand.

A Kawasaki forum that started out as a ZR7 forum is a rood resource:
riderforums

There is a Plano Meet & Greet on Thursday nights - check the Upcominf Events section for the latest news...

Ours:
zr7left_0575.jpg

:welcome:

Good luck with the rebuild! I recently rebuild my VFR, its quite a chore. but you know the bike inside and out when its done :)

Back