• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I'm an Aquarius and like long rides in the rain...

KewlRR

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
First Name
Vaughn
Last Name
McVey
And my favorite color is.... :)

Okay, all that formal stuff is done.

So, first, this is a great group. I joined and looked around a bit to see what calibre of people are here and, well...very impressive!

I got my first two-wheeler when I was 5 yrs old. It was an electric mini-bike and lasted only a couple of years because my sister and I kept wearing out all the parts. I'm 41 yrs old now, and have had a dirt bike, enduro, sport-tourer, standard, and sport-bike almost ever since.

Figure about 150k miles of street riding, on 11 motorcycles, 8 of which were Hondas. One of which is a 2000 Honda ST1100. (keep reading to find out about the other current bike).

My g/f sold her 100th Anniversary Harley Electra-Glide about a year ago and we scooped up two '05 CBR600RR's before they were unboxed at the dealership. We try to get to 3 - 4 of the Lone Star Track Days events per year. My most exciting thing on a motorcycle was riding two-up with Jason Pridmore during a race school. It was the first time ever, in my life, I had been on the back of a motorcycle -- and chose to do it with one of the fastest riders in the USA!

We live near downtown Houston, so if you see two black/tribal 600's zipping around together, wave at us! (You'll recognize the license plate.)

- Vaughn

Howdy! Try to get outside the loop and join us for a bike night or pie run one of these days. We all like to ride, but we also like to eat! :eat:

Cool. Still learning here -- how do we find postings for bike nights and/or pie runs? (we're all on-board with the biking AND eating part!) hehe

KewlRR said:
Cool. Still learning here -- how do we find postings for bike nights and/or pie runs? (we're all on-board with the biking AND eating part!) hehe
Everything will always be posted in this forum.

There are some standards such as the Cypress area on Tuesday nights, the NW Houston/Montgomery County chow-down on Thursday nights, the brand new Katy meet on Thursday evening, Hamburger Wednesday down south, and many others.

Any you don't have to wait for someone to start something, feel free to invite folks to your favorite bike/eat spot. You might get two people to take you up on it, or you might get twenty. You just never know.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site! Has your girlfriend signed up yet? :trust:

Texas T nailed it, you don't have to wait for someone else to get something going, feel free to jump in and do it yourself ;-)

Welcome Vaughn!

I just moved back into town (east of DT) last month. Kep an eye out for weekend rides or post up when you're riding.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

We'll be on the look-out for weekend rides and then, failing that, see what kind of stuff we can stir-up, too.

- Vaughn

Back