• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Croatia reporting in!

Well we have Cevapi in Houston! I have a local small grocery that brings them from a butcher up north. I always have them in the freezer ready to grill.

Where is your grocery? We go to the one near Cafe ****, I think the same family owns both.

My mother-in-law is visiting and brought a bunch of Palinka (Rakija).

There is a lot of us Croatians in Houston also. I'm from Varazdin living in Houston. Looking to possibly be back visiting soon. Would love to go riding with you.

Lemme know if you do come back, a ride is not a problem.. but I'm far east,
not that close to fun roads.. :yawn:

And I can't ride over 85mph on my scoot. :lol2:

Welcome to the forum, I spent a little time in your country back in 1998 when I was serving in Bosnia. It mainly was along the Dalmatian Coast between Dubrovnik and Split, centering around Makarska. It was an extremely beautiful place and very scenic. I wish I had a motorcycle with me then, I actually used to fantasize about riding down the roads while I drove on them. We had neighbors in Germany who we were very good friends with, and they used to show us pictures of when the vacationed in the same area.

We used to love getting čevabčiči which is a minced meat that originated in Turkey but which spread to the Balkans. It's been years since I've had it, but the mere thought has me hungry for some!

Živjeli! M2

Cevapcici FTW! :eat:

Yeah, you picked probably the most scenic of all the parts of Croatia..
and Bosnia ain't half bad either!

Where is your grocery? We go to the one near Cafe ****, I think the same family owns both.

My mother-in-law is visiting and brought a bunch of Palinka (Rakija).

Yes that's the place. It's owned by different folks. He has them frozen. When you cook them on the grill do it frozen right from the freezer. I break them apart with a knife.

Back