• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New here

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself real quick. I just got back to riding after a 5-year hiatus, I bought an 05 ZX-6RR that's an absolute beauty.

Looking forward to seeing you on the road!

Chip

Attachments

• ZX-6RR_2a.jpg
    ZX-6RR_2a.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 98
Welcome back to the wonderful world of riding.

Dutch_chip... interesting name. Significance?

I'm from Holland originally, been on this side of the pond for 8.5 years. Chip is what my name kinds sounds like in some languages.

Great to have you! Once we get past the name issue, everyone should welcome you into the fold!!!!!

Nice meeting you on Saturday!

Welcome to the mayhem!! I have several friends in Holland, good to see a few make it state side.. Nice bike you have there.. It must be quite a change from what you were riding 5 years ago!! Bikes have really moved forward in the last 5 to 10 years.. :rider:

Now you need to get a Dual sport and get dirty with some of us!! :lol2:

Just wanted to say welcome..

Gary

Welcome to the mayhem!! I have several friends in Holland, good to see a few make it state side.. Nice bike you have there.. It must be quite a change from what you were riding 5 years ago!! Bikes have really moved forward in the last 5 to 10 years.. :rider:

Now you need to get a Dual sport and get dirty with some of us!! :lol2:

Just wanted to say welcome..

Gary

Thanks! I used to have an '01 ZX-6r, but that's still lightyears different from this one... I'm still recovering, so I'll take it one bike at a time!

I'm from Holland originally, been on this side of the pond for 8.5 years. Chip is what my name kinds sounds like in some languages.

I assume you rode in Holland? All throughout Europe? Alps? If you have ride reports / photos of those kinds of trips please feel free to share them on the board. We're always looking to live vicariously through the actions of others since many of us will never get the opportunity to ride over there.

:welcome: You started out meeting TWTers and joined anyway - it's usually the other way around. :lol2: It was very nice to meet you!

I assume you rode in Holland? All throughout Europe? Alps? If you have ride reports / photos of those kinds of trips please feel free to share them on the board. We're always looking to live vicariously through the actions of others since many of us will never get the opportunity to ride over there.

I was poor and un-adventurous. No Alps for me... Most interesting thing I did was visit some friends in London, puttng the bike on the Eurostar and going through the Chunnel. Which was the only time during the whole trip I didn't get actively rained on.

Good to meet you Saturday! :tab:thumb:

Glad to see you decided to join us anyway.:tab:lol2:

Howdy and welcome to the forum. It was good to meet a new face and somehow convince you to join ;)

We have a meet to eat every Friday at the burger box in NRH. We also do pie runs monthly. There is a small, crazier group of us that usually camp too. This month's pie run is in ponder, which is a stones throw from Denton (according to Google anyway).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Been thinking on it, know quite a few Dutch folks (like my sister- and Brother-in-Law, both nieces, lots of friends, etc)...can't come up with the right spelling for the name. I'll keep working on it.

Been thinking on it, know quite a few Dutch folks (like my sister- and Brother-in-Law, both nieces, lots of friends, etc)...can't come up with the right spelling for the name. I'll keep working on it.

You'll only hurt your brain. It's Tjepke.

Back