• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Braided Lines for GSX1250FA...

Reaction score
Hey gang. Has anyone done braided brake lines for their ABS Bandits or GSX1250FA's? My 2011 is doing fine overall, but of course one worries about certain rubber bits after nearly 8 years and almost 66,000 miles. I have been having less than the best of luck finding the OEM brake lines, so I gave Dale Walker at Holeshot a call. He has a complete set of Galfer lines that are supposed to be for this bike. And I got them.

I took them to my local shop to have them installed along with a new master and pads (the master was basically crap and was the root cause for the braking issues I have been having). But they would not put the lines on, citing technical difficulties. All else went well. Pads, master, and fluid flush have definitely given me back pretty darn good brakes again, so I am happy. Except now I have these brand new lines in my hands that at least this shop won't put on.

So, has anyone done this? I would love to get your feedback. Thanks guys!

Yes, I have done this on my 2011 GSX1250FA.

I bought them from Dale Walker of Holeshot.

He sells different lengths that match his aftermarket handle bar options and stock as well.

Just call him and buy them from him.

You can’t go wrong with Dale.

Good luck.

Thanks for the response. It's good to know that these line kits do work OK. I think this local shop, for whatever reason just didn't have enough confidence in their own ability. I'll just go back to the shop that I have been using for years. I was just giving the locals a chance.

It's OK. I would rather they be honest and just say they are not comfortable doing it than try to do it and create a bigger problem. They did great on the pads, master install and fluid flush. They checked all of the existing lines and they are still in decent shape. So I will just keep the Galfers I got from Dale and have them done later. I'm good for now. Thanks again for the info.

Well, gosh, it only took nearly a year to finally get this done! Took the bike to my favorite shop last week and explained the situation. They said no problem, they could do it. And they did! There was an issue with the kit, however. Why things are so straight forward on regular Bandits and so ridiculously complicated on the FA I will never know, but this kit turned out to be no different. They ended up calling Galfer and they walked them through the challenges and got it done.

All I can say is... WOW! đź‘Ś The brakes on this bike have never been this good. Ever. Not even when she was new. Between the new Master, pads and these lines the initial power and bite of the fronts are like nothing this bike has ever produced before. Much better feel as well. It's like when I had the suspension redone - it has transformed the bike in a way I didn't see coming. I ride with so much more confidence now. I was seriously considering trading her in for something new because I was so frustrated with the brakes - but now, after having this done and the getting front forks redone there is absolutely no reason the get rid of this bike. She has 66,690 miles on now, but she still looks great and runs like new. It's unbelievable how bulletproof this bike is! So I am going to keep her.

Back