• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I Did It...Finally

RobG

Reaction score
So I had a bad fall (not mc related) while visiting my son in Alabama and broke my hip(4-14-18)....a full right side hip replacement was required on 4-15-18.

Today, a bit over 7 1/2 months later, I finally was able to lift my hip/leg over the seat and ride...I chose the Bandit for my first ride.

The bike ran great with no issues at all and the engine was smooth as well as the transmission...I was worried cuz the same fuel had stayed in the tank for almost 8 months now but the bike didn't miss a beat. I filled the tank with fresh fuel , reg unleaded 87 octane w/10% ethanol(3.2 gals), the same fuel I always use just to get the old fuel mixed with new.

Anyways, I'm stoked to be riding again and happy the Bandit ran flawlessly even with 8 month old fuel in it....what a great bike. :rider:

Congrats on the recovery and ability to ride again.
And the weather cooperated!

Welcome back on 2 wheels, it must have felt great and scary all at the same time.. take it easy and get back into the swing of things..

Gary

Thats fantastic news! I broke my wrist and elbow and the time spent waiting to get the cast off was the worst. Inwasndreaming motorcycles by the end of it.

Well done! Bandit and owners aŕ hard as rock!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A310F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Way to go! After heart surgery last year, Bandit was my first ride also. And, fixing to be my only ride as my old friend the '00 KLR is being sold.

Back