• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello!

A303

Reaction score
First Name
William
Last Name
Forkner
My name is William and I have been riding only for about 6 months now. I absolutely fell in love, I will never not own a bike for the rest of my life! I am ALWAYS looking for people to go riding with, since that is basically all I do in my spare time. I live in the Sugarland Stafford area in Houston. I ride a 2001 Honda CBR 929rr. Anyways, just wanted to get my name and location out there as I am new to TWT. Thanks alot!

Howdy William, welcome to the site!

:tab Lots of folks down in your area. I'm sure they will show up soon ;-) Congrats on getting into the addiction! As a new rider, I would highly recommend you get these two books:

Twist of the Wrist II by Kieth Code

and

Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well by David Hough.

:tab Both are easy reads and cover some non-intuitive stuff about techniques for handling a bike that can literally save your life. This is especially true of the Survival Instinct section in Twist of the Wrist II where he shows the seven most common reactions and why they are the WRONG reactions and what you should do in those situations. They make great bathroom books ;-)

A303 said:
My name is William and I have been riding only for about 6 months now. I absolutely fell in love, I will never not own a bike for the rest of my life! I am ALWAYS looking for people to go riding with, since that is basically all I do in my spare time. I live in the Sugarland Stafford area in Houston. I ride a 2001 Honda CBR 929rr. Anyways, just wanted to get my name and location out there as I am new to TWT. Thanks alot!

Welcome to the site.:welcome: Tourmeister noted some very good reading material too.:clap: :rider:

:welcome: William. My good friend Squeaky is in your neck of the woods if you need any suggestions about roads in the area.

Back