• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

new member in garland, tx

X

xrrider

hi,
i'm a. c. 58 years old, married to linda for 37 years, been riding since 14. now have 1997 xr650l honda, and gsf1200s suzuki bandit.

Oh, No! Yet another Bandit rider! :doh:

They really ARE taking over! :giveup:

Anyway, :welcome: to the group! Check out the Plano Meet & Greet on Thursday nights and meet some other folks.

Congrats on the long marriage! I'm 6 years behind ya! :mrgreen:

hi,
it's a 2002 b12s. just picked it upa couple of weeks ago. been very surprised by the power and comfort. bought from a friend that had scared himself on it, and just wanted out. great luck for me.
the xr650l is a 1997. my brother (a 1994 xr650l), rode them from chicago to santa monica, two years ago. was a great three week excursion on old rt 66.
have ridden gold wings (2), gt647, vfr, ducati, rc51, and quite a few others.
Loved them all.
thanks for the welcome!!!
A.C.

Welcome, 1947 was a very good year. I can vouch for that. Hopefully we can meet some day. The Meet and Greet in North Dallas (actually Plano) on Thursday evenings is a good bunch of riders and a great way to meet some TWTEXer's
Rick

Welcome A.C., and congrats on the new bike!!

Alberto mentioned it last night, he said you'd picked-up a "Rebel" :lol2: :lol2: I guess he got the main gist of the name but not quite the right model :rofl:

Hey, A.C., what's a "Golf Wing"? :rofl:

(didn't think Bandit riders played golf...) :roll:

Welcome to the site from another Eastern Metromesser ... just to your south actually. I am in Casa Linda just off the corner of Garland Road and Buckner.

Check out the upcoming Paris to Decatur (TX) Rally in June.

I've got a XR650R that is my current favorite ride. We may be going to ride the Chaparral Trail in a couple of weekends, if the weather cooperates. Watch the Upcoming Rides/Trips forum for information.

Maybe we need to have an East Dallas Burger or Pie Run. Where could we meet?

hey,
a burger or pie run sounds like a lot of fun. i've really been thinking about an xr650r with baja kit for my next project. right now i have my brothers xr650l in the garage, replacing piston and rings in preparation for a trip to big bend in april, and our trip to alaska in june. i am retiring the last of march, closing out my business (snap on tools), so my time is tight until april 1st. should have all parts for the rebuild this week. like to finish it up this weekend.
is jakes burger still open? might be a good place.
glad to see a lot of d/s on this sight.

Big Bend ... one of my favorite pieces of the world.

Snap On Tools ... If you need ANY help cleaning out your truck, I will be MORE than glad to help ;-)

Jakes is now Jakks. Mr. Keller had to rename it because of the name conflict when someone else bought Jake's on Abrams and Kellers. The food is still as good. In fact nothing has changed, even the employees are the same.

Well, get past get the L ready and Big Bend and let's hook up. We may be the only two, but who knows.

Back