• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Member - Manor, TX

nfnh01

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Fletcher
I thought I should drop a line to introduce myself to the Forum.

I'm an Ex-Pat Brit that's lived in the US since 1984 and I still have a bit of a speech impediment I'm afraid. I ride a 90 Suzuki VX800, a 71 Yamaha DT1F and a newly purchased 06 Lime Green KLR650.

I still only have 200 miles on the Kawi which is a little frustrating but I look forward to hooking up with some of your DS rides once the break in miles are all done and dusted. I must add, this is a brilliant little bike even if I am a bit of a short **** and have to tippy toe about.

Still looking for a real Pub after all these years if anyone should know of one.

Cheers then.
Nick

What about the pub at 8th and Red River? Bull McCabe's maybe?

That's a new one on me. I just Googled it for a look see. Will give it a try at the earliest convenience.

Ta much
Nick

My niece married a British fellow and they transplanted to Austin last year. I'll ask him where he likes to go after work. He about freaked when we took him to the gun shop to let him shoot the handguns. But he left with a huge grin, and a nice bump on his nose from a rifle scope. :mrgreen: Didn't help his wedding pictures, but gave him quite a story when he returned to London.

The Austin group will gather next Tuesday at a little coffee house on Anderson, between Burnet and Lamar on the south side of the street. Watch for a thread and try to join us.

I work in Round Rock, east of IH35 and get out towards Elgin and other points east sometime at lunch or after work. There is somebody in Manor working on older British bikes, you ever come across them? I don't think its a full blown shop yet. Let me know if you want to go for a ride in your area sometime.

David

I've not heard of anyone who works on old Brit stuff, though there is a bloke in ShadowGlenn with on old right hand drive Mini Cooper, rides a Harley.

How do you like the Thruxton? Personally I think Triumph got it just perfect for looks.

Come to think of it I saw a fella crusing through town on a Thruxton about a month or so ago. Old style lid and Mk8 goggles. Any chance it was you?

nfnh01 said:
Old style lid and Mk8 goggles. Any chance it was you?
Wasn't me. I'm off kilter with my non-60's gear. There is a group around town called The Austin Roadrunners http://www.austinroadrunners.com/
Those guys often have the full kit to match their old iron.

Around town
http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2003-03-14/food_feature6.html
Dog and Duck - English pub, but an Irish influence
Fox and Hound
Fadó - Irish, but that's ok right? :mrgreen:

Man, I need to get out more.

Thanks for the pub info. I've been known to bend my elbow at Fado on the odd occassion, Sunday's normally with a spot of breakfast, the food is excellent.

All the better ones have an Irish influence (what does that tell you), so I guess Irish is just fine.

Keep me in the loop for next Tuesday.

Nick

Back