• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Two Wheeled Texan Tent Surfing

WhiskeySmith

Uff Da
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
If you have tent space to offer up to a fellow TWT member, please post your information to this thread. A placemark, with a link back to your post, will then be added to a (public) map.

Please include your basic location (i.e. City/State, Road Intersection, etc. But not address.) to make it easier to add a placemark on the map. Briefly describe what accommodations you have to offer (tent space, garage, bike tools, etc.) If you have accommodations for tree hangers (hammocks), you might include that information too. Then add your contact information (i.e. phone number, email address, or simply say “PM me”). After you are directly contacted by a potential TWT camper, you can give specific directions to your place.

Tent surfers, be sure to contact the tent space host as far in advance as possible.

The map is updated through post #34.

Last edited:
I have tent space for a large or two small in the back yard next to fish pond with soothing waterfall. Can provide power, tools, hot shower[from small tank],etc. PM us[me an bride an killer watchdog; shizu]. Or seven zero seven, 845, four five zero nine.
Wally, Deedie and Max

Chandler Arizona: Riggs & I-10
Tent space under covered back patio
Spare bed - not as of Apr 2018 until my son finds a job out here
Garage - it will be a tight squeeze but I can get one bike in there
Tools

Dependent upon my work schedule.

PM me for availability

Last edited:
I suggest Scott Tourmeister set-up a RAN list on TWTEX. It would be called the Rider Assisted Network. It would list members on TWTEX who offer services such as garage use, trailer service and or perhaps tent areas available to it's members categorized by region perhaps city or even state. I am attaching a screen shot of RAN listing used by the ST-owners.com web site.

RB

Attachments

• ran-list.jpg
    ran-list.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 382
If you have tent space to offer up to a fellow TWT member, please post your information to this thread. A placemark, with a link back to your post, will then be added to a (public) map.

Please include your basic location (i.e. City/State, Road Intersection, etc. But not address.) to make it easier to add a placemark on the map. Briefly describe what accommodations you have to offer (tent space, garage, bike tools, etc.) If you have accommodations for tree hangers (hammocks), you might include that information too. Then add your contact information (i.e. phone number, email address, or simply say “PM me”). After you are directly contacted by a potential TWT camper, you can give specific directions to your place.

To those looking for a place to pitch your tent or hang your hammock, here is a map. Be sure to contact the tent space host as far in advance as possible.

The map is updated through post #3.

What password is google looking for? TWT or email?

I also have tools and a carport if needed. Our gang has a tire changer in Eureka with reasonable access.

Sattler / Canyon Lake area (New Braunfels)

I have heated / air conditioned garage, tire changer and tools

Spare bedroom, an extra beer or two and wine.

Plus I have truck and trailer and willing to go pick up any stranded riders.

Too-fiv-fore seben-fore-fore four-fore-oh-to

What password is google looking for? TWT or email?

I guess I posted the map link for editing. I have changed the map to use Google's "Classic Map". Should be working for everyone now. Sorry about that.

San Antonio.

Tent Space, unconditioned garage space, spare bedroom, open couch space (can sleep 3+ on that alone!) some tools. I have a truck/trailer that can haul a stranded biker.

Last edited:
I have 68 acres of rugged ground at my farm where I do the campouts. It has 2 concrete tables(shooting benches) and some "light duty" chairs:lol2:(burn proof)
Large Firepit. No water or electricity at camp area but plenty of trees. I do have water and electricity up on main highway but too many houses around. I have inclosed my shop(5 miles from farm) and have tire changer, lifts, and tools. I can weld steel. I have trailer also. My cell number is 254/248-4848. The farm has no address but I have a map on my ART website in my sig line.:sun:
Here are coordinates: 31.501910, -97.673374

Can host people on the move, have tools and bike lift if needed, pitch your own tent or stay in the house. Nobody else lives there. Haltom City next to Fort Worth.

817-994-2223 Andre

Lumberton, TX Hwy 69 and Mitchell Rd. Plenty of space for a tent, water and power if you need it and a shop with a fan and beer fridge. Dependent on my schedule, PM for details. Can also help stranded riders dependent on sched.

NW Nac County off TX204, 23mi to either Nac or Jacksonville, walking distance to the Angelina River. Tent space for umpteen, water & electricity, maybe a little A/C'd camper if I ever get around to cleaning it, space heaters for tents or whatever if it's cold, prob'ly "hanging space" but likely not mowed 'mongst the trees, spare 8' couch, "guest bathroom," covered bike parking, tools, tire change "machine" (MRP stand w/bead breaker), trailer to come getcha if needed and not too far. Small stores, restaurant, and fuel within 5mi. Always something to drink on hand & serious coffee in the AM.

Direct access to the EasTX500 "track" via dirt roads you DO NOT want to be on after a good rain. Nice narrow oiltops thru the woods w/tree tunnels, bridges, and chances to get lost but you'll come out somewhere so who cares.

PM or Email - I might not be there.
(Sent from Illinois(e) <= they love that!:rofl:)

Last edited:
I have space for tent campers,hammocks,small RV or trailers and plenty of room for bikes. Have tools and trucks/trailer to pick up stranded riders when not at work or help with repairs. Also have inside restroom and fire ring with a ton of firewood. Hopefully will have outhouse and cover pavillion later this year or spring. In Lampasas in the center of Texas. Can provide meals as I know how to cook. Fire ring available to cook on/over and charcoal grill as well. Please PM during the work week. Not on the comp Sundays very often. Several of you have already camped at my plot of heaven over the last few years. Easy to find,and no excess vehicle fees! KP

Last edited:
I have space for tent campers,hammocks,small RV or trailers and plenty of room for bikes. Have tools and trucks/trailer to pick up stranded riders when not at work or help with repairs. Also have inside restroom and fire ring with a ton of firewood. Hopefully will have outhouse and cover pavillion later this year or spring. In Lampasas in the center of Texas. Can provide meals as I know how to cook. Fire ring available to cook on/over and charcoal grill as well. Please PM during the work week. Not on the comp Sundays very often. Several of you have already camped at my plot of heaven over the last few years. Easy to find,and no excess vehicle fees! KP

Aren't you all busted up from Colorado? How can you wash our bikes if we come down>)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NW Nac County off TX204, 23mi to either Nac or Jacksonville, walking distance to the Angelina River. Tent space for umpteen, water & electricity, maybe a little A/C'd camper if I ever get around to cleaning it, space heaters for tents or whatever if it's cold, prob'ly "hanging space" but likely not mowed 'mongst the trees, spare 8' couch, "guest bathroom," covered bike parking, tools, tire change "machine" (MRP stand w/bead breaker), trailer to come getcha if needed and not too far. Small stores, restaurant, and fuel within 5mi. Always something to drink on hand & serious coffee in the AM.

Direct access to the EasTX500 "track" via dirt roads you DO NOT want to be on after a good rain. Nice narrow oiltops thru the woods w/tree tunnels, bridges, and chances to get lost but you'll come out somewhere so who cares.

PM or Email - I might not be there.
(Sent from Illinois(e) <= they love that!:rofl:)

Sounds like you have a great place there Garfey. Any decent fishing in that stretch of the river?

Sounds like you have a great place there Garfey. Any decent fishing in that stretch of the river?

If I'd fix the flat on the mower and do a few laps in the yard, it would be a lot better, but . . . . . :oops:

Based on the lack of vehicles stopping there (there's a "trail" from 204 down to the river, under/by the bridge), apparently not. Note that if someone was actually down at the river, I couldn't see a vehicle from the road; but the trail is grassy and not well defined, hence I conclude not much use. Note also that this is the Angelina bottom, not far from where it comes bubbling out of the ground, and really shallow. I've been meaning to go check it out, but haven't; however, in my defense I'll point out that I've only been here since Nov '98 so there's been little time. :lol2:

Catawba County, NC 28609
amazing roads out the front door. Pisgah Nat'l Forest 1 hr away. Outer Banks 5 hrs away.
No foo-foo "bed and breakfast" - farm fresh eggs raised here. We have basement bedrooms with bath; would share with college son on most weekends
Can pitch a tent if you really want to :shrug:
Tools, parking, gated
Not free, but cheap for TWTexans. We just ask for a donation to help offset some of the costs - whatever you think is fair.
Can be easily persuaded to throw something on the smoker for additional $ - ribs, salmon, pulled pork, brats, brisket, pork tenderloin.

fSoloPmQIjfP2wbs1vcHfOB1lPmiznhWkBoEUNN5EFnEh2j_H6ZvHF3aAvP6JEf33VFUclyzVtn_VCpOJQ=w1366-h341-no.jpg

Last edited:
I'll throw my hat in the ring.

As some of y'all know, I have a deer hunting cabin with bunk beds, outdoor shower, heat/AC, & cooking implements. Always open to TWTer's. 10 miles south of Graham, TX near Possum Kingdom Lake.

I'll throw my hat in the ring.

As some of y'all know, I have a deer hunting cabin with bunk beds, outdoor shower, heat/AC, & cooking implements. Always open to TWTer's. 10 miles south of Graham, TX near Possum Kingdom Lake.

And hunting season opens when? :trust:
(Kidding . . . I know when hunting season opens.)

Back