• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Soft Bag Mounts - eBay

Reaction score
I already had soft bags laying around, but none of the "usual" mounts such as GIVI were positioned even with the passenger pillion seat to be useful. But somehow I came across these made in of all places Greece.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-BANDIT-650-1200-1250-SOFT-BAG-SUPPORT/132178919813

They are only 8mm dia tubing, but since I'm only using them to keep my bags in place so they don't lean in towards the tire, they're plenty sturdy for my intended purpose!

Though they come with necessary hardware, I ended up using slightly longer forward bolts at the original grab handle mount (I'm also using the Ventura pack rack which replaces the OEM handle). And while the left-side peg bracket mount lined up perfect, allowing me to use the supplied M8 bolt (I actually replaced it with a slightly longer one to provide a few extra threads), the right-side ended up just a tad too far back so I instead used a smaller M7 bolt. Again, it's not a big deal since these mounts are not holding up my bags, just keeping them positioned. These peg mounts simply have the bolt go through the triangular section, and have a supplied rectangular backing plate to support behind the peg mount.

It's super simple to mount - just two points each side, and when done it's surprisingly sturdy. There's no wiggling that you might think with the relatively small 8mm dia tubing. The coating I'm just guessing is a powder coat and feels more than adequate. These mounts are not huge in overall size, so for your typical small to medium soft bags, they're perfect!

x0s003.jpg

md0941.jpg

242bfol.jpg

oud3t2.jpg

Awesome thank you for the tip I bought a set got here from Greece lickety-split

Love the Ventura rack system. Some day I'll own one.
Yes, I have this pack rack on my 93 Honda Nighthawk too and have no complaints.
Awesome thank you for the tip I bought a set got here from Greece lickety-split
Glad to have helped. Again, you may have to "adjust" some fasteners depending on how well or not these fit, but it's really no big deal, and the end result is very nice.

Back