• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My First Ride on the Three Sisters

Reaction score
First Name
Reuben
Last Name
Bakker
Took the ZRX down to San Antonio for New Years and hit the three sisters on the way (well, actually, just two of them). Had a blast! Just thought I'd share the vid...

I always get this question, and the answer always draws some laughs...

I just stuff a small canon point and shoot in my helmet. Been doing it that way for years. It's cheap but it works!

I can see over the top of it just fine (better than it looks like I can, anyway).

44494eed.jpg

I just stuff a small canon point and shoot in my helmet. Been doing it that way for years. It's cheap but it works!

I can see over the top of it just fine (better than it looks like I can, anyway).

44494eed.jpg

Never thought of that. Brilliant :chug:

44494eed.jpg
Now there's a reason to have a full face helmet.:rofl:

:eek2:

764698937_hPMk4-M.jpg

764698930_746a5-M.jpg

Careful out there!

Nice posting. I'm working with a Go Pro setup right now and matching it with video editing software

764698937_hPMk4-M.jpg

764698930_746a5-M.jpg

Careful out there!

Nice posting. I'm working with a Go Pro setup right now and matching it with video editing software

Hmm.. I don't see it - but wouldn't doubt if one was there! I didn't see any on this whole trip - and I was glad because I didn't get to San Antonio until around 7 - so it was dark for over an hour of the ride.

When I first got the bike riding back from Dallas after twilight they were EVERYWHERE (hogs too). Don't want to do that again! :giveup:

We've been down that road a few times and it's just as exciting as the first time we rode through there.

You just have to be careful with the cattleguards, cattle, deer, vultures and any other creatures that may be out there at the same time.

How do you keep the camera from moving around inside your helmet?

764698937_hPMk4-M.jpg

764698930_746a5-M.jpg

Careful out there!

Whoa, good eye, Bob! I downloaded the video from YouTube and frame-stepped through it. A few frames after the one you captured, there does appear to be what looks like a deer:

maybeadeer.jpg

Hey, by the way Reuben, consider your PNS shooting technique stolen! :mrgreen: I'm gonna go for a ride sometime tomorrow and see if I can replicate something similar with my wife's little Nikon. Groovy!

...How do you keep the camera from moving around inside your helmet?

With the visor down it stays put really well - just fits in there. Some guys use Velcro to secure their cameras. I've been looking into a more dedicated camera for ride videos. The POV 1 is awesome and has a remote mic - so I could still record sound from in the helmet but could put the camera in different locations.

...Hey, by the way Reuben, consider your PNS shooting technique stolen! :mrgreen: I'm gonna go for a ride sometime tomorrow and see if I can replicate something similar with my wife's little Nikon. Groovy!

:thumb: Awesome - post up the videos when you've tried it - I love riding videos!

:thumb: Awesome - post up the videos when you've tried it - I love riding videos!

Well, dang it, it didn't work. The camera is too tall and almost completely blocks my vision. I tried all my helmets, but I just can't get it to work.

Oh well. :doh:

Back