• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beware Lone Star Yamaha AKA Studium Yamaha in Irving.

Because they wanted the money. Dealers are sketchy. Whether cages or motorcycles. Once I leave a dealership with a machine I never go back. I work at a Chevrolet dealership too so I see the ins and out of how they run their businesses. I could have done the carb for him while he waited! For waaay cheaper than any dealership or shop charges

Winterizing is wearing a jacket!
"It's Always Riding Season!"

The only thing I see wrong from what you said is... communication... they owed you better communication. Expectation management is vital,, and from what one side has posted they failed.

There are of course two other sides of the story...the number of times the customer only hear what they wanted to hear and NOT what they were told is significant .. not saying that happened here...Just that it happens EVERY day no matter how good the service adviser is.

And NO the customer is not always right, many times they are mistaken, sometimes they are untruthful and sometimes they just don't care to listen.

And of course sometimes the shop is wrong, crappy communicator, or deceitful.

Last edited:
Lone Star Yamaha in Irving (previously Stadium Yamaha) has recently hired a new tech and is making changes to the service dept. I do not work for Lone Star, but hate to see bashing of a good dealer with one of the BEST techs in the business. Don't let a possible communication issue or possible previous tech ruin the thoughts of this dealer for others. Kenneth Fitzgerald is a great tech and is known throughout the DFW motorcycle community for his years of great customer service and wrench work. He knows what he is doing and customer satisfaction is a huge deal to him.

This is from last month. How'd it end up? Did they take care of things or not?

Back