• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Famous Athletes and the Bikes They Wreck

I remember the fiasco with Jeff Kent. Don't remember the others. Interesting.

A short funny story on Jeff Kent, at the first GNCC at Barnwell I was talking to a guy on a Suzuki on the starting line, no idea to later it was Jeff Kent!!!! He was riding in the sport class.

Neither one of us was a threat to anyone! I got 149 overall and I think he was 172 out of 250+ riders.

Weird how the accidents are all due to inexperienced mistakes on super sport bikes.

Not all that weird, Tommy. I recall that, statistically, an astounding proportion of MC accidents happen within the first month or so of street riding. I had 2 or 3 near misses in my first month. Luckily for me, I was on a 360cc street legal enduro. Lack of horsepower combined with easy handling of a 185 lb bike meant that there was only so much trouble I could get myself into.

Don't forget their coaches too, & not always on sport bikes.

Arkansas-Bobby-Petrino-motorcycle-pressbox-569x317.jpg

jessica-dorrell-bobby-petrino1.jpg

Yup...the girl he was having an "inappropriate" relationship with. There are lots of pics of her fiance too... sad deal.

Back