• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Help Keep Two Wheeled Texans Going!

Thanks! I hope your move to Texas goes smoothly. April is prime riding time, especially in the Tx Hill Country.

WTH? Almost 19,000 registered users and only 123 users giving a few bucks? No wonder I can never sell anything on TWT. Bunch of dang cheapskates.

WTH? Almost 19,000 registered users and only 123 users giving a few bucks? No wonder I can never sell anything on TWT. Bunch of dang cheapskates.

I have wondered about this as well. Just looking at the posts and comments I'm amazed at the few that contribute. Doesn't say a lot about our community, or... Maybe it does.
Lee

Lee
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're offering the wrong stuff. I buy (almost) everything . . . ask anybody who's been "garfey'd." :lol2:

I have wondered about this as well. Just looking at the posts and comments I'm amazed at the few that contribute. Doesn't say a lot about our community, or... Maybe it does.
Lee

Lee
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't understand. I have less than a 1000 comments here but have been on this forum for over 10 years and have made a lot of great friends. Elaine and I give a measly $5 bucks a month each and I am quite certain 80% of the of registered users can afford $5 bucks a month. Just say'n. :trust:

I just don't understand. I have less than a 1000 comments here but have been on this forum for over 10 years and have made a lot of great friends. Elaine and I give a measly $5 bucks a month each and I am quite certain 80% of the of registered users can afford $5 bucks a month. Just say'n. :trust:

+1 The value I get in insights, info, deals, etc. vs $5/mo. What a deal!
Besides learning a ton about bikes and riding skills over the years, I've gotten great deals on knives, motorcycle bits, learned a bunch about gardening, guns, smoking meats, the political spectrum, just to name a few. $5 bucks a month. wow. :eat::rider:

Some of us choose not to get involved in that $$/mo crap. If I die and, consequently, my pay stops, I do not want my Daughter to be ripped off for an extra $19.75/mo for a piddly charge that hits an empty account. Larger lumps, less frequently, make more sense. And, btw, the lumps amount to more than a measly $5/mo, cheapskate. :lol2:

Always a pleasure to get my ever-so-polite automated 'expiry reminder' on Christmas Day and send in my annual renewal. A 'feels good' thing for sure.

:sun:

Thanks, Scott, for continuing to provide this incredible forum! Thanks, too, to all the mods and members that make it great!

:clap:

Wishing all a great 2018 :thumb:

Subscribed. I see where this forum has very little advertising....doing my part. :thumb:

Subscribed 2019

IMG_20180322_143443863.jpg

I use the Amazon gadget (http://www.amazon.com/?tag=twowhetex-20&tag=twowhetex-20). I can't guess as to how much has gone in, but we buy a lot (a lot, a lot, a lot) of stuff from Amazon, so I imagine the number are up there. We probably spend anywhere from $250 to $700 a month there, what with recurring and one-time purchases. I'd have to go through the bank statements to figure out the exact number. We get boxes ~4-5 days a week.

Scott, if you're not using that anymore, please let me know.

FYI for the rest of you: This doesn't impact your selected charity, either. I just modified (and had the wife modify!) our shortcuts.

I use the Amazon gadget (http://www.amazon.com/?tag=twowhetex-20&tag=twowhetex-20). I can't guess as to how much has gone in, but we buy a lot (a lot, a lot, a lot) of stuff from Amazon, so I imagine the number are up there. We probably spend anywhere from $250 to $700 a month there, what with recurring and one-time purchases. I'd have to go through the bank statements to figure out the exact number. We get boxes ~4-5 days a week.

Scott, if you're not using that anymore, please let me know.

FYI for the rest of you: This doesn't impact your selected charity, either. I just modified (and had the wife modify!) our shortcuts.
Yea, it's still in force, check it out, he's got it posted and ready to copy from the "donate to twt" page
https://www.twtex.com/forums/pages/donations/

I to have been remembering to use the link but I have been trying to stay away from that bad place. Now I'm thinking about shopping for that red copper cookware, I'm tired of eating Teflon scrapings

Back