• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mobile Auto Paint Repair Recommendation

Reaction score
First Name
Leif
Does anyone have a mobile service that they would recommend in the North Dallas area? I was squeezing between my supermoto and my wife's car when my pocket knife clip decided it would be really cool to scratch the car door. :shrug:

Depending on how deep the scratch is, you can do a lot with some polishing compound. Paint on modern cars is multi-phase, generally a basecoat then clearcoat. Polishing will do wonders if the scratch is just in the clearcoat. If you don't know how take it to a paint shop and see if they will buff it for you.

The scratch was down to the metal. I took it to a couple of paint shops and they all wanted almost $1K.

I stumbled across Superior Touch Up while doing a search. They sent a team over within 15 minutes of contacting them. They did a fantastic job. The color match is absolutely spot on and the metal flake is equal in uniformity to the original paint. They were less than half the cost of the shops.

So I guess this turned into my recommendation of a mobile service. LOL

I can do it fast and because you're a twtexan, I'll do it for free

Send me a photo of the vehicle so I can stop by Lowe's and get the right can of spray paint

The entire job will probably take me about a minute. Tops.

... I stumbled across Superior Touch Up while doing a search. They sent a team over within 15 minutes of contacting them. They did a fantastic job. The color match is absolutely spot on and the metal flake is equal in uniformity to the original paint. They were less than half the cost of the shops. ...

I can do it fast and because you're a twtexan, I'll do it for free

Send me a photo of the vehicle so I can stop by Lowe's and get the right can of spray paint

The entire job will probably take me about a minute. Tops.

And that, Ladies & Germs, is what's called really good timing! :lol2:

Being a retired Body Shop Mgr. for a large DFW auto dealer I would suggest doing it right, unless you just want to throw money at it. One thing you could do is, take a roll of pen stripe tape and tape real close to the scratch, I mean real close on both sides. Paint between the two pieces of tape with touch up paint, the correct color would be nice, and then pull the tape off quick before it dries. I can't emphases how fast touch up paint dries and the weather is hot, even harder to do quick. What you are trying to do is, fill the scratch only and not get paint on the other good paint on each sides of the scratch.

trainman

It was my stupid mistake in scratching the door and we had only had the car a couple of months so I had to do it right... i.e. professionals. Like I said... they did a fantastic job and I couldn't be happier with the end product. They did paint the whole door.

Back