• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

How did you come up with your TWT site name?

For the sake of simplicity I just use the same username I've used forever on just about everything. When I was 12 or so I ripped it off from the wrestler Goldberg. It was his AIM name (I just added the X on the end). I hate it, and am embarrassed by it, but I've used it too long and for too many things to change it now.

I met this rather strange character, Doctor Rock, about 15 years ago. He likes to give nicknames to folks based on what they ride. At the time I was riding a Harley Lowrider. It stuck.

Bud...

My dad came up with it when me and a couple riding buddies decided to enter a couple hares crumbles one summer.

It's nothing more than a play on words that's easy enough to figure out.

I've been using it for a decade now, and have it on alot of stuff. Became the namesake for my mom's cook-off team.

Lol. I even have stickers. You can have one if you put it on your bike and post a pic. ;-)

Wheres mime ? I assume you forgot :doh:

Rode into the parking lot of a large internet based rally as a complete stranger, flipped up my helmet visor and gave a big Texas/Rebel yell.... and got branded.

Late 80s.
Mine came from wanting to drive my Jeep down Baja and go fishing.
Had it all tricked out and such, but never made it.

Bought it with 50k on it, when I sold it, it had 300k.
Went all over the lower 48 in it exploring.

Several of these are classic and special, love the tributes and the windmill story, originally I went with bike make but kept changing bikes so I went with first name and forgot about it.:giveup:

Had a yellow sports car in 1999. I got 4 speeding tickets in the first 4 weeks. My wife says this thing is like 'cop bait'. She then convinced me that getting the license plate 'CopB8' was a good idea. So I bought it and put it on. I have now had it on each subsequent car ever since.

Still holding off for a suitable "campfire" to tell the tale, but FWIW, "garfey" turned 40 on the 4th.

p.s. I once had a bike registered and titled in his name. Yes, I have proof! Can't tell "lies" unless you can back 'em up, don'tchaknow!

Pic is me on "garfey's bike" ('74 XLCH) enroute Amarillo in Sept '07.

Attachments

• Where It All Began.JPG
    Where It All Began.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Gixxer is the fast way for saying GSX-R, of which I ride one.

Wait, no I don't. Well, I did, and then I didn't. And then I did again, and then I didn't again. But I likely will again someday. The name stuck and I've just kept it. The curse of choosing your username after the bike you ride.

Years & years ago I was into Toyota MR2s & had one of the first 85 year models. That thing was such a hoot ....almost as fun as a bike!
I had intended to get personalised plates for it & at the time 6 characters/numbers was the limit on plates..... hence the shortened "much" added with MR2 (inadvertently kinda fitting the tye dyed thing... ?huh)
It jus kinda stuck

Tye Dyed Texas TourGuide is my biz
Cycledelic Relic is my nickname

Mmmm, 85 MR2's. So fun! :D

DSC_2503_zps73fbe5b8.jpg

Still holding off for a suitable "campfire" to tell the tale, but FWIW, "garfey" turned 40 on the 4th.

p.s. I once had a bike registered and titled in his name. Yes, I have proof! Can't tell "lies" unless you can back 'em up, don'tchaknow!

Pic is me on "garfey's bike" ('74 XLCH) enroute Amarillo in Sept '07.

74 Sporty. My vote for the best looking HD ever built.

Downs. It's my last name. Super duper original. It's also been my primary name for the past 13 years used on a daily basis.

Back