• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Stolen Bikes

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
Moto Liberty was broken into the other night, Audrey's & Joseph's bikes were stolen out of the showroom along with some additional gear

Check on their facebook page for pictures I know Joseph's bike was
set up for TMGP racing and was a Honda and Audrey's was a YSR50 that
if I recall was fairly tricked out as well.

It was 4 guys in a black van. Van had a conversion-type slightly raised top. Apparently 5 or 6 other motorcycle shops/dealerships have been hit in the DFW area in the last month or so. Probably related. Be on the lookout for a pair of YSRs set up for mini-racing. And oddly enough, a one of a kind set of Doug Polen Honda leathers. Why out of everything else in the store they chose to snag that, I don't know. But if anyone sees some neon orange, blue, and white Doug Polen leathers with ELF Honda patches (from the 90's), kick the guy who has 'em in the nuts and call us. They got a bunch of jackets, too, but those are a little harder to definitively identify. The guys were straight pros. Tools, grinder, masks, cool as cucumbers even though they had a lot of difficulty getting in and knew they were on camera. Cops missed 'em by seconds. We have some leads already. But if anyone knows anyone that runs motorcycle circles (these guys picked not just $$ stuff, but specific things) who drives a black conversion van, or anyone who sees a racing YSR for sale (they come up pretty infrequently), holler at me, please.

Audrey's YSR50
6F9BF9BC-8556-4C24-9645-9E730996EBE2-647-0000018F2817F1FE_zpscbd0846e.jpg

Joseph's NSR50
EC740D1B-7381-43BE-AB93-93958DD6A0FC-647-0000018F3B72AA2F_zpsf2ccce3c.jpg

Be very suspect of ANY YSR50 or NSR50 for sale in TEXAS most assuredly they will be painted I will check with MOTO LIBERTY to see if they have VIN#'s for either Bike.
The fact of the matter is these things sell regularly like dirt bikes without a title because they are not street bikes
Cross posted to our FaceBook page for the Twisted Sisters SportBike Rally(SportBike Extravaganza)

I would recommend watching the craigslists for the metro areas in SoCal. I doubt these dirtballs would ever try to sell any of this stuff so close to home. However, MiniGP –– like all motorcycle road racing –– is hugely popular in Southern California. To boot, it's very sunny and warm there right now, and I'd imagine that this is the time of year to buy and start testing a new MiniGP bike there if you're in the market for one.

Oh, and here's hoping the thieves win a nice, extended stay in hades as a reward for their evil ways.

how about instead of kicking them in the nads, we shoot them someplace it wont put a hole in the leathers?

It makes me really sad to know such scummy people share our street and our social circles. They would have had to of cased Moto Liberty on more than one occasion, which makes it all the more a violation of one's personal space and not just theft.

Sad new indeed.

yep, they probably chatted with everyone acting all friendly.
they knew exactly what they had when they grabbed those leathers, probably asked someone in the store about them.

I HATE thieves.

Nathan and Audrey, I am so sorry to hear it. I don' buy much from you, but you're my #1. I love my TaiChi gloves I got from you last year, my deerskin gauntlets I bought 5 years ago...etc. I hope you find the scumbags.

In case you didnt know it, you can have CL do alerts to keywords. You might be able to do a mix of that with searchtempest and have it do the searching for you. I dont know if it will work for this, but worth investigating.

Take care,
Corey

Thanks, but don't think Joseph's NSR could pass for "new, never even had gas in it" to even the most rookie of buyers. Gonna guess that one can't be it. Appreciate the lead, though.

I pop in from time to time. But no, that article's reference to a motorcycle shop was not Moto Liberty. Don't who it would have been, though. Hadn't heard anything about it.

Back