• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Some photos of Maine

Your pics?

It really makes me want to visit. I've not been up there since the mid 70s as a kid. We were there in the summer and spent about three weeks near Bethel at a campground that I think was called Little Field Beaches :ponder: Not sure though, like I said, it was a long time ago ;-) I really enjoyed it though. The whole upper New England area is just really nice once you get out of the urban areas.

You've got some nice shot there, but where's the moose? :-) As a teenager, canoeing in Maine, that was one of my highlights. Coming around a bend and seeing a moose feeding in the river.

However, I never got to the Maine coast, so those pictures are all new to me and I like them.

Haven't seen a moose since I've been here. I have seen what happens to a vehicle when it get by one and it ain't purdy.

The coast is nice.

On our way through, we did some kind of boat tour when we were out there. It took us around the Portland harbor. That was actually pretty neat, even for a kid. It gave a great view of the ship yards, docks, etc,... There was also some kind of maritime museum that we visited and it was very cool as well. While not super scenic like the more remote coastal areas, it was still fun.

Born and raised in southern Maine. Moved to TX less than 5 years ago. Started riding again with the goal of riding Route 1 or Route 9 "The Airline" into Canada. Done during the proper season, shouldn't be too many flat landers.

Maine has a bit for everyone from mountains to the sea with plenty of empty roads. As far as moose, don't think I saw one until mid-teens up in Eustis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back