• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycle Restoration Business

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Blaschke
I have a friend of mine that has his Grandfather's 1971 Honda 750 that he would like to have restored. He asked me about taking it to a Honda dealer.
As far as I know most dealers these days will not work on bikes over 10 years old. His next questions was who to take it to then.

That is the question I am posting. I have no idea who does this kind of work and who does a good job on this kind of project?

Any suggestions?

He can't do it himself as he is currently stationed in Jamaica. He would like to get the bike restored to good riding condition for his return.

He is not in a hurry. He also is not wealthy. So on top of a good reliable restoration, he would like it not to cost him 3 arms and 2 legs.

So again, if you know of anybody, let me know. If you have experience with a business that does this even better.

Thanks,

Maybe Motorcycles Unlimited would do this?

From mobile

Where is the bike (not that I will have an answer, but somebody else may have local knowledge)

I'm getting back into the restoration business slowly and would love a motorcycle project. I was trained in Germany in auto body construction and have worked for the Stauffer Classics private collection in WI, and Sun Valley Classics in Scottsdale providing restoration services for the Blackhawk Collection, Barrett-Jackson, Jay Leno, Elton John, and other renowned collectors. My last project was the 1953 Oldsmobile XP-20 currently at the Gateway Colorado Auto Museum. Most recently I've been working medical device product support and I'm slowly getting tired of it. Genuine job satisfaction has not existed for me since I moved on from restorations. PM if interested.

attachment.jpg

If you are talking about "get it running and rideable",most independent shops should handle it. If you are talking about restoring it, it would have to be a labor of love. I've got about 15 hours in a 71 cb500, and you can hardly tell that it's been touched. It's a lot of time, and time is the cost in a restoration. I think that's why so many people do it themselves. If I billed myself what a shop would charge, this cb would be 10k by the time I'm done for a bike that will only ever be worth 3k at the very most.

Having done three restorations..... Id have to guess..... you can't afford it :-D
But if you can...I can provide a few options.... none cheap, none fast, all three good... all three will cost you 10 times what your likely imagining what it will cost.

Like another said.. if the real task is get it running and safe.. lots of options for that.......

Back