• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DFW tire changes?

Bates #2 off of 35 and Valley View did each wheel for 30 dollars last time I checked for tubeless, off the bike. Never taken a tube tire in to them but I can not imagine it's any more

I've had good luck using this link....http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/preferredinstaller.aspx . Just put in your zip code.

I was checking out this link (thanks!) and saw A&R listed as $65/$100/$165 (front/rear/set). Very different than their web site, so I called them. They confirmed their price is $35/each on the bike for my ZZR.

Guy that answered the phone was very friendly and took his time to give me an answer, including a few quick questions about appointments (no, first-come only) and best time/day to roll in for quick turn around (hit/miss any day of the week, just call before heading over).

I was impressed enough with the call (and the price) that I'll definitely be giving them a try. Not too far from home for me.

Not sure why the M/C Superstore link prices were so far off. ??

Thanks all for the replies.

When I inquired at the Bedford/Hurst location of Cycle Gear this past weekend about them doing tire changes if I brought in the wheel... The guy said they were usually swamped on the weekends and that it would be better to try "The Bike Doctors" in Haltom City.

http://www.thebikedoctors.net

Anyone ever have any dealings with them before?

I rode over to A&R last week and had them change my tires.
Professionally done, didn't have to wait, very friendly folks.
Chatted with the manager about the cost of some future needs...

You know how some shops make you feel like you're wasting their time asking questions?
These guys were exactly the opposite.

Based on this limited experience, I would definitely return here if I needed service.
http://www.aandrmotorsport.com/store/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=32

Two very minor quibbles...
- Turning onto their street it looks residential. I almost turned around, thinking I was in the wrong place...
- They turned my fuel petcock off and forgot to turn it back on. I ran out of gas at the end of their street. Took me a few minutes to figure it out. :lol2:

I rode over to A&R last week and had them change my tires.
Professionally done, didn't have to wait, very friendly folks.
Chatted with the manager about the cost of some future needs...

You know how some shops make you feel like you're wasting their time asking questions?
These guys were exactly the opposite.

Based on this limited experience, I would definitely return here if I needed service.
http://www.aandrmotorsport.com/store/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=32
Based on this recommendation, I took my BRP in for a tire change. Friendly and competent does not cover it. Adrian checked everything of a service nature and made a couple of recommendations. DID I MENTION THEY CHANGE OIL HERE!
These guys made me feel like family! And they are soon moving to bigger quarters in the same neighborhood. Eager to go back, as they have the best attitude I have seen in a long time.

Argh. So, I needed tubes for my 2011 Suzuki TU250X... Front tire size is 100/90-18 and rear is 120/90-18. I went to Cycle Gear and their stock was ransacked, so then I ran up to Biker's Bay here in Bedford. There was only one guy working the store, but I told him I needed two tubes and gave him the tire sizes and he came back with a pair of fairly-priced Kenda tubes and I checked out and left. When I got home, I looked at them closer and they are both the same size tubes, 2.75/3.00-18. Is this right? Will those work on my tires sizes?

I cross-referenced a tire chart on some tire manufacturer's website, and it says I would need a 3.25/3.50 for my 100/90 front and a 4.50/4.75 for my 120/90 rear tire.

Is that a hard & fast rule, or will the tubes I was just sold work okay?

/frustrated

Ehhh, nevermind. I'm just gonna return them and get the recommended sizes.

Try Swifty's out on Camp Bowie West. Just had 2 done $68.00 out the door mounted and balanced.
I dropped off and they called an hour later that they were done!

Try Swifty's out on Camp Bowie West. Just had 2 done $68.00 out the door mounted and balanced.
I dropped off and they called an hour later that they were done!

Did you take the bike in, or just the wheels?

Anybody do this on a Monday? I have my tires and need them mounted. ..it's my day off.

SLM Racing, the KTM shop in Arlington, is open Monday. Todd is one heck of a guy and his shop guys are pretty top notch if you ask me.

I'll second the SLM recommendation. I stopped in there before my Colorado trip, and they stock a lot of RAM mount stuff.
Anyone want to walk me through a tire change in a few weeks? On my trip, I decided I could use a tire on a Sunday. All that was open were HD dealers, and their tools "don't work on other makes". They would have sold me a tire, but had no tools for sale or rent. If I knew what I was doing, I could have found a shady place and screamed profanities at it for an hour or so before getting it back on the road. As it was, I just had to baby it home. It's worth beer and/or reasonable money to get it done. Heck, I have a garage and tools, maybe if someone wants to teach and there's enough interest, we could do a tech day. It will be a couple weeks as I'll want to do my chain and sprockets at the same time.

If anyone is interested, either post here or send me a PM.

I've done a tire tech day at my place before, and would certainly be willing to host another one but probably not until the weather cools down a little bit. So.....October? :)

For price people seem to like Texas SuperSport- he only wants $25 per tire with it off the bike. I get my tires done at RPM Cycle in Farmer's Branch for the metric bikes or The Chop Shop in Hurst for my Harley.

Not sure if I followed up on this recently but Texas SuperSport was no longer open for business last I checked. I think it was about 6 to 8 weeks ago. He was great when he was open. Sucks to see it go.

It's been almost 2 years since this thread was active.
Is there anyone changing tires in or around Ft. Worth?
Myself and a friend are going to Big Bend and are a little upset with the way Freedom Powersports have taken over DFW and hammer people.
Am I being unreasonable letting $154 to change two tires upset me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Was it on bike? If they are doing it with you riding the bike in and then taking over from there I guess its a little high but not terrible compared to what I have paid for on-bike tire changes? I think the Freedom I stopped at which was the old Honda Suzuki North charged around 135. That being said I'd probably just call the mobile guy and find out what his prices are and have him come to you.

Frank at Monkey Wrench Cycles (east Ft Worth) is a good bit cheaper if you bring the wheel in, detached from the bike.

I did this a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NO-MAR-CYCL...494870?hash=item1c55cba996:g:D-8AAOSweW5VLo5b

That $154 would probably cover 40% of this. After 3 or 4 more changes it's paid off. Plus there's no drive time back and forth and it's always open. The initial price hurts a little but I figured I'd be riding several more years so it would and has paid for itself sometime back.

Just a thought.

... That being said I'd probably just call the mobile guy and find out what his prices are and have him come to you.

I saw a mobile guy driving up 820 one day and I wondered about him. I don't remember the name that was on his van and I had never heard anyone talk about him. I'm curious about the idea.

j
I did this a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NO-MAR-CYCL...494870?hash=item1c55cba996:g:D-8AAOSweW5VLo5b

That $154 would probably cover 40% of this. After 3 or 4 more changes it's paid off. Plus there's no drive time back and forth and it's always open. The initial price hurts a little but I figured I'd be riding several more years so it would and has paid for itself sometime back.

Just a thought.

I just bolted a NoMar to my shop floor on Saturday. 4 tires on my own bikes and it's paid for.
I might do tires for others. And I do have a lift in the shop.

It's been almost 2 years since this thread was active.
Is there anyone changing tires in or around Ft. Worth?
Myself and a friend are going to Big Bend and are a little upset with the way Freedom Powersports have taken over DFW and hammer people.
Am I being unreasonable letting $154 to change two tires upset me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

If you brought the bike in then I think $154 is pretty reasonable. If you just bring in the wheels, I've seen $30'ish per wheel be fairly common.

If that is too expensive, then I always tell folks to go buy their own tire changing equipment.

Back