• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Replacing Battery In A Cardio Scala G4/G9

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Wells III
I've been using my G9 for years now with no issues. Bought the Girlfriend a G9 for her helmet maybe 2 years ago. She hasn't used hers much in the past year so i charged it up and used it for a couple of days when i turned it off it made a strange noise. I took it in and hooked it up to the computer to download the latest software for it but the website let me know nothing was connected so i recharged it and tried to turn it on and nothing dead as a door nail. So i found a web-site that shows whats needed to change out the battery. Thought i'd spend about $25.00 for the battery and Torx T6 Screwdriver before i bought another unit. Took it apart theres a screw behind when the antenna folds down so you have to raise the antenna to get to it. Got it apart took out the old battery installed the new one put back together charged up and bingo it works like new...Instructions....Replacing the internal battery intercom Cardo G4 G9-Systems ....Torx T6 Screwdriver.....https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000T9SDB0/?tag=twowhetex-20 ...Battery...800mAh ZN452050PC 1S2P Battery for Cardo G4 G9 G9X Motorcycle Intercom System | eBay

29974859276_5730552716_h.jpg
P1010537 by weljo2001, on Flickr

29974856176_cedfadd774_h.jpg
P1010534 by weljo2001, on Flickr

29974856756_466b120b38_h.jpg
P1010535 by weljo2001, on Flickr

29974860136_af47d15276_h.jpg
P1010538 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Nice. Thanks.

Your Welcome,

I didn't know you could change out the batteries but didn't feel like spending another $200.00 on a new one. Just happen to find the web-site on changing them so thought it was worth a shot. So far so good.....:mrgreen:

Nice write up..

I replaced the battery in my G9 about 10 weeks ago now... use it many times a week, it is charging and working perfectly.
Back to a long run time, and many warnings before turning off.
Vice the 2 hour run time I was down to, and only a single low battery warning before shutdown.

Of note, I paid $8 for the new battery, it was listed for the G9, it was the correct size, right voltage and capacity... BUT it came with the wrong connector, 5 min with soldering iron, and a bit of heatshrink tube and connectors swapped, in it went no problem.

Other note, scala will install a new battery for a small fee, no guarantee it will fix your issue..just that you will have a fresh batter correctly installed.. My research shows why the caveat the repair..,,, often times its not JUST the battery, but the charging port as well for which there is no easy repair..... I found posts showing a few guys that modified and frankenstein'd in a micro USB connector and it did work, but was ugly and likley made the unit less then even water resistant.

Nice write up..

I replaced the battery in my G9 about 10 weeks ago now... use it many times a week, it is charging and working perfectly.
Back to a long run time, and many warnings before turning off.
Vice the 2 hour run time I was down to, and only a single low battery warning before shutdown.

Of note, I paid $8 for the new battery, it was listed for the G9, it was the correct size, right voltage and capacity... BUT it came with the wrong connector, 5 min with soldering iron, and a bit of heatshrink tube and connectors swapped, in it went no problem.

Other note, scala will install a new battery for a small fee, no guarantee it will fix your issue..just that you will have a fresh batter correctly installed.. My research shows why the caveat the repair..,,, often times its not JUST the battery, but the charging port as well for which there is no easy repair..... I found posts showing a few guys that modified and frankenstein'd in a micro USB connector and it did work, but was ugly and likley made the unit less then even water resistant.

Thanks, Good to know about the charging port.

It was so simple i went ahead and ordered another battery to replace the one in my headset. I've been using it since the G9's came out so might as well

Back