• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 LoneStar Enduro March 4th/5th Kalgary, TX

Well, I had a great time there as well. Different terrain than I'm used to for sure - I'm better at rocks and trees than I am at sand and scrub brush!!

I followed Jacob through the first transfer section, which turned out to be difficult enough for him, so we skipped the test section and followed the check workers back to camp. He still had a good experience though, and I've always known he'd never be a racer - he just wasn't sure.

I started the second section with JQ1.0, and he still hadn't arrived at the end when it was time to start the third section, which isn't that unusual in an enduro. I think he was about 20 minutes behind me at that point. Then I met up with Jacob and his grandma at the truck, and I could've gone on to the next sections, but I was already looking at not getting home until 7:30 at the earliest and I figured staying would push that back to 10 or after getting home, and it was a school night, so I went ahead and loaded up to get ready for JQ1.0.

After an indeterminate amount (90) of time (minutes), the patriarch made his glorious arrival at the finish, where many tales were told of equipment malfunction and good samaritanism. I make no judgments as to the height of these imposing tales, although I was not aware that it was possible to forge a piston using nothing but reading glasses and sand from the trail (much less actually removing the head and retorquing it using nothing but a pocketknife). However I do have firsthand knowledge that the same person has changed a dual sport tire with nothing but a crescent wrench and a pair of pliers, so what do I know?

Back in the 80's when I was heavy into Enduros, Lubbock and Post were about my favorite Enduros, way different terrain than down here in the Sam Houston National Forest. Just curious if you ever heard of Zack and Dan Elkins with the Lubbock Trail Riders. My brother and I competed against them. We pitched in some money when Zack got to go to the ISDE, I think it was Czechoslovakia. Man I miss those days.

Terlingua in the 70s-80s was an adventure also. IMO the most fun enduro ever.

Terlingua in the 70s-80s was an adventure also. IMO the most fun enduro ever.
Oh yea I rode it a few times, you really feel like you are far from civilization at times. Once we rode all the way out there signed in and stayed at Terlingua Ranch, it snowed so hard that night we could not make it back to the race, just rode back to Houston.

justin your dad is way cool in my book and i am sure all those tall tails did happen.just not in one race .glad yall had fun and every body came home safe.:clap::clap:.tony d

Back