• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend rally - March 23 - 26, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to get dressed and down there but moving slower today for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mission - Ride hard, take unnecessary chances, safety third:
50b2aa92b0761dee3c895b66f0fd6e40.jpg

Accomplished:
737b795ef68cf239cd72d49138c11657.jpg

521a96caa54dac6655967ca9b83619c6.jpg

Last edited:
Had a great time. Thanks to all who organized this event!
6c62d5fbcbfe167abee44e0bccc53079.jpg
c6cf560afb46edd50026941889832ebd.jpg
758c8f3e265b38883154aab002290fe0.jpg
7b51cf0e05dc6b82e572ef573e03dddb.jpg

Last ten miles of dirt today, I loose my ground and tip over. Somehow my foot gets caught and twisted for 180 degrees. And it's get trapped under bike. I was alone but managed to wiggle out and get the bike up. Don't look good now when it got cold. And it hurts like ****. Thank god for cruise control on my pickup. I'll wait till Monday, and then go see a doctor.

Otherwise it was awesome. My first time here and I was overwhelmed by the beauty of it. I'll post some more pictures and videos as soon as I edit them.

Attachments

• IMG_2817.jpg
    IMG_2817.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Last ten miles of dirt today, I loose my ground and tip over. Somehow my foot gets caught and twisted for 180 degrees. And it's get trapped under bike. I was alone but managed to wiggle out and get the bike up. Don't look good now when it got cold. And it hurts like ****. Thank god for cruise control on my pickup. I'll wait till Monday, and then go see a doctor.

Otherwise it was awesome. My first time here and I was overwhelmed by the beauty of it. I'll post some more pictures and videos as soon as I edit them.
Sorry to hear about this, Goyko. That's a big bike to fall on you. Hope it all heals quickly.

Sorry to hear it. That looks suspiciously like my foot did in Mexico. Hopefully yours will turn out better. Good luck. Let us know what the doc says.

Sorry to hear it. That looks suspiciously like my foot did in Mexico. Hopefully yours will turn out better. Good luck. Let us know what the doc says.

What was the damage on you foot in Mexico?

Sorry to hear about this, Goyko. That's a big bike to fall on you. Hope it all heals quickly.

The worst part is that I stoped almost completely and when I tried to put my feet on the ground I slipped and tipped over on side. Still not sure how my foot got twisted like that. I start to think that I need to lower my bike a little bit. This is not the first time thing like this happened.

What was the damage on you foot in Mexico?

Displaced fracture of the fibula and permanent nerve damage to toes and ball of foot. Didn't think it was broken at the time, just a really bad sprain. My daughter who's a nurse forced me to go to doctor. Good thing she did. Whatever you do make sure you have it checked out.

Left Terlingua at 2:35 this morning to head home. Saw WAY more deer, rabbits and coyotes then cars. Easy drive.

Now I need to know where to go to register for Around the Bend 2018? :clap:

Displaced fracture of the fibula and permanent nerve damage to toes and ball of foot. Didn't think it was broken at the time, just a really bad sprain. My daughter who's a nurse forced me to go to doctor. Good thing she did. Whatever you do make sure you have it checked out.

Yeah, it hurts even more now. I'm sitting at the ER while I type this, waiting to get it checked

Glad you are getting it checked out sooner rather than later.
What ER are you at?
Let us know what they say.

Very sorry to hear about your injury wishing you a speedy recovery. Can't wait for next year

Thanks guys. All is good. No fracture. Just kinda messed up and stretched thing inside an ankle. Thank god for alpinestars. They saved me for sure. Let's just hope it's gonna heal enough till next weekend for ride I had planned in the Ozarks. :rider:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back