• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Run from Rockport to Kenedy

Reaction score
Not sure if this is allowed. If not, please accept my apology and delete. This will be my maiden ride :rider: as I haven't ridden even semi hard in four years. Any places, I must stop:eat: in to check out along the way.

Don't know your route but we always like eating in Refugio at the bus stop . Taqueria Guadalajara.

Last edited:
I would post the actual ride in the day rides thread and include pictures. This category for upcoming rides is generally just for planning.

Hint: take pictures!

Edit: Great burgers at low prices at R.J.'s Hamburgers in Kenedy. But he is not always open.

Last edited:
I would post the actual ride in the day rides thread and include pictures. This category for upcoming rides is generally just for planning.

Hint: take pictures!

Edit: Great burgers at low prices at R.J.'s Hamburgers in Kenedy. But he is not always open.
New to all of this. Still struggling with finding a good site to post pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Your in the right spot to ask questions about a route or ride.

Once you have done it you can post up in the Story Telling and Tire Kicking.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

There is a "Sticky:" at the top for day rides. You could post your story and pic there or start your own thread.

Do you have a route picked or time constraints for your ride? Looking for back roads? Direct routing or the long way around as long as it gets you there?

Your in the right spot to ask questions about a route or ride.

Once you have done it you can post up in the Story Telling and Tire Kicking.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

There is a "Sticky:" at the top for day rides. You could post your story and pic there or start your own thread.

Do you have a route picked or time constraints for your ride? Looking for back roads? Direct routing or the long way around as long as it gets you there?
I gotcha, all of the above. Any and all info is greatly appreciated. I have the whole day to myself. God has been good sir.

New to all of this. Still struggling with finding a good site to post pics.

Don't worry; I don't think we've shot anybody around here, unless it was for starting an oil thread. :nono:

As for a site to post pics, are you talking about a hosting site? After Photobucket.com went all Machiavellian on us, I hunted around, & finally settled on Flickr.com. Took a bit of time to figure out some basic navigation tricks. With that done, it's easy to use and loading from my hard drive to their site takes literally about 1/10th the time Photobucket took.

Looks to me like Refugio is pretty much right in line. And there is no such thing as out of the way when there is good food involved. [emoji1]

Last edited:
If the link to the google map above works for you I sent you right through Refugio.

Last edited:
Appreciate all the responses, map and Flickr suggestion. Guess I'm going to have to figure it all out. You do make it easier gentlemen.

When you get to Kenedy there is a nice city park right behind HEB. Outdoor grills, tables and cover. I have spent a lot of time in the area and there are not a lot of roads east of 181, more dirt roads on the west, but most are paved now.

Watch out for oil trucks and the huge pot holes they make as you get near Kenedy.

When you get to Kenedy there is a nice city park right behind HEB. Outdoor grills, tables and cover. I have spent a lot of time in the area and there are not a lot of roads east of 181, more dirt roads on the west, but most are paved now.

Watch out for oil trucks and the huge pot holes they make as you get near Kenedy.

Yep, they have been paving them faster than i can find them due to the oil BOOM. Unfortunately we have become completely settled:thumbd:.

Back