TWT Forums  

 


Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Story Telling and Tire Kicking

Notices

Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2017, 04:43 PM   #61
klb1122
 
klb1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,375
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteitup View Post
Outstanding job as always!


You should take more trips and do more reports.
Thanks! That would be the dream, if only I could find a way to monetize it.
__________________
-- Kory --

2008 Kawasaki C-14
klb1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:36 PM   #62
Jeff S
Forum Supporter
 
Jeff S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,011
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by klb1122 View Post
Thanks, Jeff! There's really nothing to it, you just have to devote a couple months worth of work to it.




You got me thinking (a dangerous thing ) on how I could do this. I took all our tracks (in some cases I didn't have those so I used the routes) and put them all on one file. I exported it to pdf, then saved it as a jpeg. 39,413 Miles together in the last 9 years.

__________________
2010 Versys | 1974 Kawasaki F7 | 2008 XR650L
Jeff S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:37 PM   #63
misterk
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Colleyville
Posts: 295
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Great reportamd pics, thanks for sharing


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
misterk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:03 AM   #64
klb1122
 
klb1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,375
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterk View Post
Great reportamd pics, thanks for sharing


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks!
__________________
-- Kory --

2008 Kawasaki C-14
klb1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:37 PM   #65
FCBH
 
FCBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Recalculating, Texas
Posts: 976
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Kory,

I am going to start to call you Tourmeister Senior...



It is nice to see a detailed sport-touring ride report. With so many people trailering their bike, it is good to see you packing in the heavy miles and providing quality images from the road.

BTW, how many miles on the C-14? Has it been pretty reliable? Original suspension?

Happy Trails,

RB
__________________
Clouds in My Coffee
FCBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:59 PM   #66
klb1122
 
klb1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,375
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCBH View Post
Kory,

I am going to start to call you Tourmeister Senior...



It is nice to see a detailed sport-touring ride report. With so many people trailering their bike, it is good to see you packing in the heavy miles and providing quality images from the road.

BTW, how many miles on the C-14? Has it been pretty reliable? Original suspension?

Happy Trails,

RB
Thanks!

Mine has 61k miles on it now, dad's is somewhere in the 50s. Original suspension on both. I did have my fork seals replaced prior to this one.

They have been very reliable. The only times we've ever been delayed on a trip due to the bikes was when my battery died 5 years ago and then last year when there was a loose connection on the battery terminal. Not the bike's fault. Even after replacing the cam sensor o-rings prior to this trip, I still have a little oil leak coming from somewhere. It's very slow and it coming from where the exhaust headers are blocking my view under the engine. So that's my projection this winter, figure out where that leak is coming from.
__________________
-- Kory --

2008 Kawasaki C-14
klb1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:31 AM   #67
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum
 
Tourmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntsville, Tx.
Posts: 45,245
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Snagged me some front page photos
__________________
Scott Friday

Total Forum Supporter Donations For July: $112.85 - Previous Month: $628.38 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 134 Current Forum Supporters out of 20447 Users (0.66%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon


The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:18 PM   #68
klb1122
 
klb1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,375
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
Snagged me some front page photos
Awesome! It's always cool to see one I've shot on the front page.
__________________
-- Kory --

2008 Kawasaki C-14
klb1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #69
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum
 
Tourmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntsville, Tx.
Posts: 45,245
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Did you pack a tripod? Just curious after seeing those evening beach shots. Those had to be some pretty long exposures! Great shots!
__________________
Scott Friday

Total Forum Supporter Donations For July: $112.85 - Previous Month: $628.38 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 134 Current Forum Supporters out of 20447 Users (0.66%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon


The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:25 AM   #70
klb1122
 
klb1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,375
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
Did you pack a tripod? Just curious after seeing those evening beach shots. Those had to be some pretty long exposures! Great shots!
Sure did. Yeah, that was the only way to get those shots. Most were between 1/50th of a second early all the way to 8 seconds as the sun disappeared.
__________________
-- Kory --

2008 Kawasaki C-14
klb1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:24 PM   #71
ST/SV
 
ST/SV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston (Heights)
Posts: 685
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by klb1122 View Post
Thanks!

Mine has 61k miles on it now, dad's is somewhere in the 50s. Original suspension on both. I did have my fork seals replaced prior to this one.

They have been very reliable. The only times we've ever been delayed on a trip due to the bikes was when my battery died 5 years ago and then last year when there was a loose connection on the battery terminal. Not the bike's fault. Even after replacing the cam sensor o-rings prior to this trip, I still have a little oil leak coming from somewhere. It's very slow and it coming from where the exhaust headers are blocking my view under the engine. So that's my projection this winter, figure out where that leak is coming from.
What about that big rock you carried on TC8.
__________________
-- Larry --

2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
2013 Honda NC700X
2014 Suzuki DL1000A
2008 Yamaha Zuma
2013 Kymco People GT300i
ST/SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:14 PM   #72
klb1122
 
klb1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,375
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST/SV View Post
What about that big rock you carried on TC8.
Ha! I forgot about that!

Had a bit of a KIPASS issue last year. In the northeast I had give it little love taps to get my ignition key to move. That happened for a couple of days and hasn't happened since. It helps to carry a tiny hammer, just in case, and it also keeps it from happening.
__________________
-- Kory --

2008 Kawasaki C-14
klb1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #73
Yeeha! Stephen
 
Yeeha! Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bedford Texas
Posts: 1,812
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

I thought that tire would be a good photo op, that's why I dug it out of the trash pile and rolled it over by the fence.



Attached Thumbnails
Sedona 2016 Mine 10 (640x427).jpg  
__________________
Yeeha! Stephen

MotoGP - Soap Opera for Men

"Why eat a burger when you can have pie?"
Ms Vicki 2002 @ Lost Maples Cafe, Utopia Tx
Yeeha! Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:17 PM   #74
Yeeha! Stephen
 
Yeeha! Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bedford Texas
Posts: 1,812
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

"It was crawling with people, including a couple of people flying drones over the edge, which I’m not exactly sure was legal..."



Attached Thumbnails
Sedona 2016 60 (455x640).jpg  
__________________
Yeeha! Stephen

MotoGP - Soap Opera for Men

"Why eat a burger when you can have pie?"
Ms Vicki 2002 @ Lost Maples Cafe, Utopia Tx
Yeeha! Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #75
klb1122
 
klb1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,375
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Yeeha! Stephen: Thank you for placing the tire there! And the sign you posted is from Canyon de Chelly National Monument. The drones we saw were at Horseshoe Bend. But, I looked into it and it seems as if my assumption was correct. You can't fly in ANY National Parks, National Recreation Areas, or National Monuments. Horseshoe Bend is in the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, which would make it off limits to drones.
__________________
-- Kory --

2008 Kawasaki C-14
klb1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:16 AM   #76
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum
 
Tourmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntsville, Tx.
Posts: 45,245
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Just curious. What tripod and how do you carry it?
__________________
Scott Friday

Total Forum Supporter Donations For July: $112.85 - Previous Month: $628.38 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 134 Current Forum Supporters out of 20447 Users (0.66%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon


The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:41 PM   #77
klb1122
 
klb1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,375
Re: Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
Just curious. What tripod and how do you carry it?
I've got a MeFOTO GlobeTrotter Aluminum Travel Tripod Kit. I just carry it in my topbox.
__________________
-- Kory --

2008 Kawasaki C-14
klb1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Story Telling and Tire Kicking

Notices


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Rights Reserved, Scott Friday 2003-12.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.18090 seconds with 13 queries