TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > For Sale / Wanted

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 04-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #21
M38A1
Administrator

Re: Found - [WTB]: a cheap R1200GS !

May you have many safe miles on the new ride!

"Everyone should have something in their life that requires a helmet" - Ann Sweeney
"Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired" - Unknown

2002 BMW R1150GS - I just call it "Number 5"...
2003 Honda Rancher ES - A work in progress...
M38A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #22
cdc
Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter

Your wait was as long as mine!
Congratulations.

ⓒⓓⓒ
'13 BMW K1600GT (Apr 5/13)
'12 BMW K1600GT (Gone Nov. 16/12): http://goo.gl/7YMaHq
'06 Yamaha FJR 1300AE-Sold
'04 Suzuki SV650-Sold
'82 Suzuki 500GS-Sold
'78 Yamaha SR500-Sold
cdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #23
SilverBullet

Re: [WTB]: a cheap R1200GS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viethorse View Post
You can guess how long before I physically GET the bike!

Ok, it's pic of MY day:

Nice bike! You got that for $5K? Wow! Even with a salvage title that's a steal.

_
2002 KTM 300 EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #24
Viethorse

Thank you guys.
Yes, it's a salvage build. Plus some $$ for shipping almost 1000miles to CA then it's slily more than 5K a bit.
The hard saddle bags and windscreen were removed and shipped to me separately so you are not seeing them in the pic.
Viethorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:22 AM   #25
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #26
Viethorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
Hi Scott.
Could you pls post here some photos of you bike?
- How you mount the OEM handguard to the brake or clutch lever (yellow circle in below photo)? I bought an OEM set and the guards seem not fit with the levers. The bolts come with the guards are pretty short also.
- How you mount the windscreen to the aluminum bar (magenta circles in below photo). I think my bike lost the part where those two bolts mounted to!

Old 04-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #27
2N2OUT

Windscreen mounts with two small plastic pieces that bolt to the windscreen and slip into the holes in the metal mount. Also a couple of rubber washers to protect the lexan windscreen. They are easy to lose. Handguard mounts to the bar, clamp is just right of the windscreen on the photo above. It's silver clamp on silver bar.

2016 Light White K1600 GT Premium "Fräulein"
2011 Alpine White R1200 GS (sold)
2N2OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #28
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

My hand guards are held on with big zip ties... The mount cracked and apparently BMW changed the design and I cannot find any one that sells the original styles. The zip ties have been working so it has not been a priority to fix

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 05-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #29
Viethorse

Bike cleaned.
Done the windshield mount.
Done the handguard mounting kit.
Tomorrow to receive plastic from painter.

On the way of setting up, with TWT stickers :

Old 02-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #30
Viethorse

Just recalled this thread.
See the comparison to the current one - any different?

TWT stickers are traveling around Vietnam and SE Asia.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #31
cdc
Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter

Time for a new one.
I'm sure you are wearing out your current one!

From mobile

ⓒⓓⓒ
'04 Suzuki SV650-Sold
'82 Suzuki 500GS-Sold
'78 Yamaha SR500-Sold
Old 02-10-2014, 02:03 PM   #32
TX_F2

Looks like you are ready for another great trip. I really enjoyed your ride report that you posted, pics were great.

Looking forward to the next one.
Ninja 500R - Gone
TX_F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #33
Viethorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc View Post
Time for a new one.

From mobile
Come on Camilo... I haven't owned it for a year yet. Many more miles are waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_F2 View Post
Looks like you are ready for another great trip. I really enjoyed your ride report that you posted, pics were great.

Looking forward to the next one.
Yeah, it is a good one I have here. It allows me to have more choices of roads and terrain, and I don't worry if I have to go to the unknown roads.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:24 AM   #34
Viethorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc View Post
Time for a new one.

From mobile
Hekk. I already have the new one!! I use one set of panniers for both bikes.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #35
cdc
Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter

I was right...

ⓒⓓⓒ
'04 Suzuki SV650-Sold
'82 Suzuki 500GS-Sold
'78 Yamaha SR500-Sold
Old 08-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #36
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

The first one wasn't big enough

Quote:

Old 08-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #37
cdc
Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter

No, he wore it out!

ⓒⓓⓒ
'04 Suzuki SV650-Sold