• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: moto Camping at LBJ Grasslands Friday November 16

misterk

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I will be Moto camping at the lbj grasslands this Friday. I will be up on the ridge south of cottonwood lake.

It is north of black creek lake and south of cottonwood lake. Go up 2461 turn left st the bed and breakfast. You will see a sign for tadra point trailhead, stay left go up on the ridge and you will see me up there. It is a closed loop.

2153355f8358aff8d4f133923faaa829.jpg

9ac31fcb8dac6c123363df39b32f5d8d.jpg

Bring your supper, we will eat breakfast at Greenwood general store.

Last edited:
Interested. Let me see how the week unfolds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A buddy is bringing a grill, so if anyone wants to come, bring a steak....or tofu :)

Just to point out, if you are interested in learning about Moto Camping, Misterk is a good resource as he lives off of his bike. I learned a bunch from him last weekend. He's also a good resource of "Spend money on this because it's worth it but buy this from walmart/amazon because it works and is cheap." He's obviously tried and thrown away a lot of stuff to get his system down to what it is.

Just to point out, if you are interested in learning about Moto Camping, Misterk is a good resource as he lives off of his bike. I learned a bunch from him last weekend. He's also a good resource of "Spend money on this because it's worth it but buy this from walmart/amazon because it works and is cheap." He's obviously tried and thrown away a lot of stuff to get his system down to what it is.

Thanks Jason, most will agree I am a legend in my own mind:)

I may stop for a bit. I can make that on my way home from work, but not camping that close to the house.

He can make a decent fire too...

Out. Too much going on but I’ll do a local ride instead. Next time, Kevin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Misterk, check out the wcmessenger.com ,the area you are camping might be closed due to forest service conducting controlled burns thru sunday. FS900 and FS904 look to be closed. Certain other units closed also. hope this this helps.

Misterk, check out the wcmessenger.com ,the area you are camping might be closed due to forest service conducting controlled burns thru sunday. FS900 and FS904 look to be closed. Certain other units closed also. hope this this helps.

Yep, Paul v-lust sent me a pm also. I appreciate you guys looking out for me.

When I arrived I saw the smoke, sheriff sitting at the tadra cut off. I stopped and asked if camping is open on the ridge he said yes.

It turned out to be a great evening with Cliff and Kyle. Weather was perfect, didn’t even have to use a rain fly!

I can’t post pics right now.

Back