• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1 2014, The Ozarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1, The Ozarks

Lol! Camilo, you are giving me a bad rap now! I look forward to seeing you again my friend!

Man I wish I could go next week but work keeps me here.

Is there a group riding up from Katy?

I have managed to secure a provisional kitchen pass for this event, but it came with a condition. She Who Must Be Obeyed does not want me riding alone from Katy to Clarkesville so I am looking for someone to tag along with.

Not a "group", per se, but looks like I have the all-important kitchen pass as well. Still have to make arrangements at work, but that *shouldn't* be insurmountable...

So - if ya wants to start comparing notes, I am likely "in".

Saw some early comments but nothing since...

Is anyone planning to camp for this gathering?

I would prefer a moto-camping trip, myself...

Ahh, sheesh! I just remembered - - - ALL MY CAMPING GEAR IS IN STORAGE!!! :-(

We sold our home early June, stored all our er, umm... "stuff" off-site and living in an apartment while waiting for new home to be ready. I can not believe this - FINALLY got a chance for a solid moto-camping run and no accessible gear. This just hurts...

Saw some early comments but nothing since...

Is anyone planning to camp for this gathering?

I would prefer a moto-camping trip, myself...

Ahh, sheesh! I just remembered - - - ALL MY CAMPING GEAR IS IN STORAGE!!! :-(

We sold our home early June, stored all our er, umm... "stuff" off-site and living in an apartment while waiting for new home to be ready. I can not believe this - FINALLY got a chance for a solid moto-camping run and no accessible gear. This just hurts...

You can try to make the Rich Mountain Rendezvous (Sept. 19-21) in Mena, Arkansas. All camping there...

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96241

I am up riding in Newton county for the next couple of days. Compared to Houston, the weather is great right now! Can't wait to feel that cool front blow in next week. It will be sweat shirt weather at night... and here we are almost to August. Gotta love it! :rider:

Is there a group riding up from Katy?

I have managed to secure a provisional kitchen pass for this event, but it came with a condition. She Who Must Be Obeyed does not want me riding alone from Katy to Clarkesville so I am looking for someone to tag along with.
Scott....I'm in Katy and going to make this trip. But we are some of the "Dirty Folks" that are riding off road or adventure riding...KTMs KLRs.....We are trailering up in an air-conditioned Suburban.....We have room on the trailer for two additional bikes, and yes, I know you have a Sport-Tourer..... if the thought of getting out of, Hot, Flat, Boring TX in comfort appeals to you or anyone else from the Houston Area.........
Shoot me a PM and grab one of the spots........Leaving out either Wed or Thur....it's up to the group when they have to be back to work. But you really do need 3 good days of riding Arkansas if you make it up there.....

We are leaving Tuesday afternoon the 26th and are going to hang the night in Mena. That way we can do the Talimena on Wednesday morning, then run on over from there that evening and be in The Clarksville area Thursday morning. I am dragging and staying in a toyhauler over in Russellville, since I was unable to find a RV park in the Clarksville area. It is only about 25 miles between the two so we will make due.

Scottie has reserved the #3 trailer spot in the Air-conditioned Suburban......Looking for a 4th.....Can you imagine how cheap it would be to get there and back with 4 riders splitting the fuel cost.........No tire wear, Butt wear....Good conversation, cool n comfy all the way up there........
Going once, going twice........Looking for #4

Jerry and I are trailering up from Coupland/Elgin in my air conditioned 4 door Silverado (same one that made the trek to Big Bend). That's the only way to travel in August in Texas. My motorcycle has cruise control but it doesn't have air conditioning.

Turns out that despite having a kitchen pass from my boss, due to a mis-calculation on my part (DUH !!!) I have insufficient vacation balance from the organization that pays my salary so I afraid I am out !!

You guys have fun and be assured I won't make the same mistake again !!

Can you borrow?

From mobile

Start using sick time!

Tapatalk on a Note 2.

The lows lately have been record setting. It was 55 at my place the other night and just east of here it was 49. I haven't seen a July like this since I lived in CT. Hope it continues for August.

Was just up riding around the Ponca & Lowgap area last week. Great riding weather! I would be most surprised to see the cool temps prevail thru the dog days of August. But hey, this year... most anything is possible.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

NSA, this post is just for you.

Still 3 weeks away.

Tapatalk on a Note 2.

Hotel reservations made too. The wife and I will be two up on the Wee. Probably going to trailer up there or to some place near Broken Bow and ride up from there.

Steve, let me know if you find a place to park the trailer near Broken Bow. Looks like I can get a spot on a trailer with KTIM. He's taking his FJR.:rider:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back