• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AARP rides

We had a nice 80 mile ride. Lot of dirt roads, weren't real muddy. Couple of slick spots. Glad Rsquared invited me.

That was a lot of fun Rob! I was really impressed with your navigational skill's, thanks for taking the lead.

I won't make Saturday, my stuff is on Sunday. Looks like rain anyway, I'm NOT doing a mud race.:giveup:

Here's a pic of my friends 2 month old KTM 350 after Saturday's race before it rained even more! Glad I "chickened out", lol.

No regrets!

Attachments

• 1965007_243259392524838_2074668168_n.jpg
    1965007_243259392524838_2074668168_n.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 173
Here's a pic of my friends 2 month old KTM 350 after Saturday's race before it rained even more! Glad I "chickened out", lol.

No regrets!

Doesn't look like much fun to me either.

attachment_1_.jpg

I'll be ready to attempt another ride this weekend either Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Rob and I rode past most of the SHNF trail crossings Sunday, and there was standing water everywhere. I'm surprised the forest is still open. Maybe the Balloon Loop won't be too bad by the weekend...

Doesn't look like much fun to me either.

attachment_1_.jpg

Rob and I rode past most of the SHNF trail crossings Sunday, and there was standing water everywhere. I'm surprised the forest is still open. Maybe the Balloon Loop won't be too bad by the weekend...

That is ugly, glad I bailed also. With the TORCS trails getting shorter and shorter the trail deteriorates very fast when wet. Have about decided to go back to enduros, more travel but much better riding.

Anybody riding Saturday? I need to do some work at Outlaw, but as of now it's closed. unless recording changes in the am I'm game for something. D/S around the forest or Houston/Trinity county would be fun! But if Outlaw opens I'll need to work. Rob

Anybody riding Saturday? I need to do some work at Outlaw, but as of now it's closed. unless recording changes in the am I'm game for something. D/S around the forest or Houston/Trinity county would be fun! But if Outlaw opens I'll need to work. Rob

It's hard to believe the forest is still open after what we saw last weekend. They've had 4.8" rain at Skull Creek in the past two weeks, so that's out...

I guess I'll sleep in tomorrow and then maybe ride the big bike tomorrow afternoon. As much fun as the big bike is, I seriously need to get a fix from my ring-ding-ding-ding....

I think I'm going to test the forest. Bring your 450 and do both, roads and trails!

I think I'm going to test the forest. Bring your 450 and do both, roads and trails!

My 450 needs some work right now, so it's either the little bike or the big bike for me. How about trying the Balloon Loop? Maybe it's not as bad as the East Side...

Meeting a guy at 1791 trailhead at 11. Will do what has best conditions. Taking dualsport.

Thinking of doing 1 lap on balloon loop early Saturday if stays open. For 1791 trailhead, then to s/x.

Based on Jason's ride report, I'm skipping tomorrow.:giveup:

Good ride at SHNF with Rsquared and Texasted. Mud holes but trails were excellent.

Donny(Wildernessrider) and I were fortunate enough to ride Outlaw Trax yesterday, excellent ride and conditions! That Husky can fly!!!

Thought you were still up in Arkansas this week. I am also back around now, and planning to ride somewhere every day. Thought about maybe checking out that GL Ranch over by San Antonio, but may leave it until the next week when I will be there anyway. Wouldn't mind seeing that other place there in New Waverly. I am hearing that their trails are pretty fluid, and clear, also not so cut to ribbons from endless days of riders blasting over them. Interested to see for myself how it really stacks up. Would be fun to have a woods course that was clear of debris and endless exposed roots. A bit safer for turning up the wick and railing the fast sections. Anyway post up if your going out. I am likely to show up too, if I didn't go ride else where.

Back