• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Red Sprint looks good enough to eat

Rob_S

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Spruell
This is the new ABS model that will be available later this summer. Nice color!!

ST.jpg

VFRinAustin said:
Kinda looks similar to the Aprilia Futura Red.

Whatcha think Paul?

I'll reserve final judgement until I see it up close, but it'll be mighty hard to do better than the Flame Red on my bike.

I do like the blue.

And why no British Racing Green? Not the sexiest color ever (I guess I answered my own question), but heck, it's a BritBike, for deity's sake. 8-)

A couple weeks ago I did a demo ride on the Speed Triple. The new 1050cc triple is one fine engine. A super wide powerband, smooth and strong throughout the powerband. (certainly better then the K1200S I rode last month). I assume the new Sprint has the engine and if the suspension is decent this should almost certainly spell the end of the VFR as now configured.

Dyna Sport said:
I'm wondering what the ergos are like for a tall guy on it. ;-)

How tall? I am 6'2" and have a 34" inseam and I sat on one at Lonestar here in Austin (they had both blue and silver ones on the floor last Saturday). It pretty much felt about the same as mine, although the pillion seat is much taller so it creates a little more of a backstop for the rider.

I'm about an inch or two longer then. :)

I've never had a street bike with enough leg room stock, even my harley.

Amazingly the little FZ-1 is pretty roomy as any of them and will probably be just right when I finally buy an adjustable rear set for it. But boy they are proud of those things at $400+ a pop.

Scotts GS was actually about the closest to a good fit I've ever ridden, it fit pretty well. But I don't think a beemer is in the cards.

I've heard the Triumphs are made for a bit larger folks though. Pity I was too late for demo day to get a ride on the single sport tourer they had there.

Dyna Sport said:
Scotts GS was actually about the closest to a good fit I've ever ridden, it fit pretty well. But I don't think a beemer is in the cards.

[hijack]
Have you sat on a Strom? I think the ergos are just as roomy as the GS. Not that my opinion would be biased or anything...

Next time we ride together, we can swap if you'd like. Come to think of it, I still haven't ridden an FZ yet. Stewie keeps saying I can try his out, but it has yet to happen :roll:

Klaus said:
I assume the new Sprint has the engine and if the suspension is decent this should almost certainly spell the end of the VFR as now configured.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I certainly hope so, he he he

I can definitely picture a 996/V5 powered VFR. Man that would be schweeettttt.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'm test riding the Rocket III for an upcoming (July edition) article in Thunder Roads Texas, this weekend. Anyone got a ride happening that isn't to ROT ? What the ****, I may as well take it to ROT. B)

I was down at Eurosport setting this up with Tony ... and mentioned both your interest in the 1050cc Sprint and your proclivity for cash payment, John.

He seemed interested. B)

The real problem is the bikes are being so raved about by every journo that rides them, that all shipped bikes are PRESOLD before they even arrive.

Tony said the minute he knew he was getting one that isn't already siold before it gets off the boat, he'll give me a call, and I'll pass the word on.

You'll have to act fast when I do though, these '05 Sprints are walking out of dealers faster than they can build them at Hinkley.

VFRinAustin said:
I can definitely picture a 996/V5 powered VFR. Man that would be schweeettttt.

Nah, not a wimpy Honda "Jetsons" whirrry sounding engine. I'll take a nice triple howl. The triple sings to me :dude:

rob

Back