• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Posted, but still new here...;-)

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
I've posted a few times with local groups so I thought I'd put up some new pictures here that I was finally able to do this weekend. I Live in South Arlington and I plan of going with the Group to Eureka Springs this coming weekend. You can also see my favorite pinion in the pictures to. Great woman to have..;-) even helps with lawn work..;-)

Been riding since I was 14...Started with a 74 Sporty, got in one of those "not my fault" accidents and hadn't ridden for a while. Started back up a few years ago with a 85 Yamaha 650 Turbo Seca and its been a love reborn. Had a chance to get a 2002 Yamaha R1 in the faster Blue which had been a dream for a long time. That bike was great too, loved the feeling of the Razors edge. Then, I took the plunge into the "need transport" back and forth to work with warranty and all the fixing. A friend at work suggested I try the R1200R. This bike has been wonderful and at 50 miles to the gallon, its been a pleasure. Mind you, I still had the R1 for play and when I felt the need to go alittle faster, I could.
I had taken the R1200R for its first check up, the 600 mile one, and the dealer said that I should take a "loaner" out...lol Yeah, alright, specially after druelling over the dam thing. Next thing I know, I trade in the R1 and I'm the proud owner of the K1200S.
Everything you have heard or seen about this bike has been true. I fell in love with the handling, the speed, and the engineering of this wonderful machine.
Both of these BMW have been great and I hope to see many more miles from both. Since I don't drive a cage anymore, this can make for interesting times.

Thanks for reading the Ramble and look forward to meeting more folks from this web-site,

Tim

http://www.dragon-designs.net/~tbeck/NewBikes/

Glad to have another rider in Atown. At least me and Chuck aren't the only ones having to deal w/ Matlock / I20 traffic now! :doh:

Come join us for the Tues. meet n greets. Maybe you have already? I've missed the last 4 of them.

BMW has great engineered bikes. They just want too much for them. My Zuki was stone cold reliable and hopefully my Saki will be too. K75 was my first bike and it was quite nice.

Well, just incase, I wasn't trying to be a smart *****, I just thought I was the last to know that they made GOOD bikes. http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/
Believe it or not, I was looking into the New Yamaha R1, and the BMW's weren't that much more and with the HP I got, I'm very happy. Rides like a dream.

I went to the last Tuesday meeting and I'm planning to go to this coming one for pizza as soon as they finalize the place.;-)

Last edited:
:welcome: Tim.

I can attest to the beauty of the K12S :drool: hope to see ya at pizza this week and in AR this weekend :rider:

Rode a K12S in a BMW test ride, fun bike, great motor. I'm a little more the touring side of a K12S, like it, though. Got a friend that has a LOT of miles, well over 100K, on his K motor (LT) and hasn't traded it, yet, but I'm thinking it's a matter of time. Guy's got the bucks and I know he'll get the new bike bug sooner or later. :lol2: I think he wants to run that thing until it won't run anymore just to see how far it'll go. He's all into the BMWOA thing.

Back