• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

More riff-raff sneaking in

Reaction score
Hi! After years of intermittent lurking and being pestered I finally signed up. Some of the more recent intros brought me out. :-)

Like Chipset I am in Frisco. Sadly I just parted ways with my FJR....but I think I may have seen ya on Stonebrook recently!

Like Aoasus I moved the the area from "the frozen tundra of Minnesota". I have been here since '94 though. I have worked "y'all" into my vocabulary but still haven't quite succumbed to "fixin to" do anything. I followed the Stars down. I'd share my feelings about Norm Green (the punk owner that moved them) but I don't want to violate the TOS in my first post.

Been riding for a little over a decade now. Started on a cruiser (Honda Shadow) and have worked through a few bikes.

Currently have a '00 Gixxer 750 and a '07 Speed Triple.
(edit to change pics)
A more current Gixxer photo
136_3624.jpg

And the Triple after some light appearance "tweaks" :-)
Triple-After.jpg

See y'all around!

Last edited:
Very Nice Bike....and Welcome :clap:

and you are not riff-raft, I've known some very nice people from the frozen tundra...

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. I heard all the stories about Norm Green when the Stars came down here. Seems that Minn. was glad to be rid of him but hated losing the Stars. The Stars certainly helped make ice hockey more popular around here, including senior and junior hockey programs. .....and at least Minn. have the Wild now.

Nice bikes you have there.

Don

Welcome aboard. I came from Stillwater Mn. in 85. Go Stars!
Hope to see you out there.

Hi, Sax!

Welcome to the Asylum!
bounce.gif

Saw your handle earlier and also want to know the story behind that...the middle child plays alto sax...

BEE-U-TEE-Ful bikes, too!

You basically have the handle figured out. :-)

In Minnesota you have to pick an instrument to learn starting in the 5th grade. It's mandatory. So I picked the tuba. No....really.

Decided I didn't like it and switched to the saxophone. Played throughout high school and even landed a couple of scholarships for college. I even majored in music for a bit.

I don't play near as much as I used to...but I still have a couple saxes. Occasionally I entertain the thought of joining the local community jazz band....but haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.

I don't know if it's real or not, but it seems like I see more MN plates around Dallas than any other state.

I've been here for just over a year tho so I think I've still got quite a bit of that up nort' der accent :rofl:

I don't play near as much as I used to...but I still have a couple saxes. Occasionally I entertain the thought of joining the local community jazz band....but haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.

Well, there's the TI band but you'll have to wait for someone to die ;-) Frisco community band had one going for a while. I think they mostly played 1940s big band stuff (not that there's anything wrong with that). Otherwise, if you find one let me know I'd like to play also.

Sad thing about Brecker, isn't it :-(

Welcome to the site. I heard all the stories about Norm Green when the Stars came down here. Seems that Minn. was glad to be rid of him but hated losing the Stars. The Stars certainly helped make ice hockey more popular around here, including senior and junior hockey programs. .....and at least Minn. have the Wild now.

Nice bikes you have there.

Don
Norm Green, Minnesota's answer to Bud Adams!:eek2:
Welcome to the site. I left SE South Dakota in 1975 and have been back for winter visits three times. Too cold for me now.:giveup: They do have four seasons there..June, July, August and Winter.:trust:

Oh trust me ... he's riff-raft alright. I'm sure most anyone you'd ask from the Frisco PD would also concur. :)

Actually, I think you know darn well it's the Prosper police that would have a solid opinion...of BOTH of us I might add. ;-) Frisco PD has been very nice. It's the Plano PD that has been a thorn in my side.

Actually, I think you know darn well it's the Prosper police that would have a solid opinion...of BOTH of us I might add. ;-) Frisco PD has been very nice. It's the Plano PD that has been a thorn in my side.

I was referring more to your running into and recognizing the Frisco PD officers at dinner (at Applebees I think it was), and then having to explain to the wife why you knew that officer by her first name. :rofl:

I was referring more to your running into and recognizing the Frisco PD officers at dinner (at Applebees I think it was), and then having to explain to the wife why you knew that officer by her first name. :rofl:

OOOps!! :doh:

very nice rides. as for the S3, three-cylinder bikes are just... FUN... for some strange reason.

It was Bennigan's....and she that knew MY name. At least get your facts straight! :mrgreen:

Back