• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A Newbie from Victoria Texas

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Hello everyone, I just signed up yesterday, and have been reading all the threads. I just started riding again after a 30 year lay off, and after raising 4 kids, decided it was time to get back into it. My bike 30 years ago was a Yahama 650 street bike. I bought a 2002 Warrior in March of this year, and took a motorcycle training course to get used to riding safely. Just getting aquainted with my bike now and plan to start short distance riding soon.

Victoria is a nice area, not many twisties.
Keith and I have property in Yoakum so we are neighbors.

Welcome.....

:clap:

Hello everyone, I just signed up yesterday, and have been reading all the threads. I just started riding again after a 30 year lay off, and after raising 4 kids, decided it was time to get back into it. My bike 30 years ago was a Yahama 650 street bike. I bought a 2002 Warrior in March of this year, and took a motorcycle training course to get used to riding safely. Just getting aquainted with my bike now and plan to start short distance riding soon.

Welcome!!! been to Victoria only once, to had lunch with some lady riders at Halepaska's bakery :eat:

Greetings, mfnlonewolf!

I have a similar background - started riding in 1970, took 15 years off (kid related - had a '79 Yamaha XS750SE), and got back on 2 wheels 2 years back.

I have a day ride planned through your area, date TBD. Watch for a notice in the upcoming rides section.

Welcome to the site :wave:

There are some other TWT folks down there ;-)

Welcome back to the two wheeled world! My story is about like yours. Got my first bike when I was 14 (Yamaha 350) and had it till I finished high school and sold it, After bootcamp I bought a 69 yamaha 350 while in California. After I got out of the Army I had a Kawasaki 750 ( I liked 2 strokes) and then a Kawasaki 900. Did'nt have any bikes from age 25 or so till 45 and got me a Triumph America and shortly after traded in on the Rocket lll and am having a blast. Enjoy your renewed passion and be safe.:rider:

welcome!
I grew up in victoria and lived there till I went to college
my folks and some friends still live down there

hmmm...I haven't had a hungry jack's chicken fried steeak in a while, I see a road trip in my future

Are those little pins stops? Post up when you're going to ride. I might could ride over to Bay City and do part of it with you. Or, if you're going to stop for lunch in Victoria or something, I could just ride over there and meet up.

Seems like a pretty laid out route i wouldnt mind going post up when you are ready to do this ride i might be up for the ride.

Are those little pins stops? Post up when you're going to ride. I might could ride over to Bay City and do part of it with you. Or, if you're going to stop for lunch in Victoria or something, I could just ride over there and meet up.

Those pins are merely where I google maps to make a turn. I will definitely post details when we plan to make this a "go". We can meet up with folks anywhere on the route.

Back