• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Damage Report on the GT at Eureka Springs

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Floyd
Mark G described my "accident" as follows:

Electricified, or whatever his handle is, shaves his head. His charming wife declined the second day of "sport touring". That second day, about ten minutes before Snoopina's excursion, was when Electro went into a lefthander too hot and by a miracle of some sort missed the bar ditch, crossed it on a gravel drive going into a cemetery that's about 50 yards off the road, guarded by many pine trees and concrete parking lot bumpers. Electro's giant BMW XM1200GTXIN, or whatever it was, hit one of the concrete bumpers hard enough to move it several inches...the bumper was anchored into the ground...and allegedly launch the bike and rider way up in the air, then between two pine trees, through some more gravel, around another pine tree, everything but a complete loop-de-loop, WITHOUT FALLING DOWN. On his shaved head. The bike looked okay at first, then we noticed a bent rim, then when started up, oil began to spew, the motor was mortally wounded from its encounter with the parking bumper.

By the grace of God, I have no out of pocket expenses for my little boo boo. The oil line that came loose was probably coming loose anyway and BMW is going to replace the wheel for free figuring that the oil in my face caused the accident. I can't imagine why they think that ;-) Other than that, there was absolutely no damage whatsoever to my beautiful GT! I should be back on the road next week ready to apply what I've learned and see if I can't get the GT to fly 6' in the air instead of the wimpy 4' I achieved last time :lol: Anyway, see ya'll on the roads soon.

See?

Those soft rims do serve a purpose.

Your front rim sacrificed itself to protect the rest of the bike.

German engineering at its finest!

Wow, to get out of that without the bike going down was amazing, but to hear that you aren't going to have to pay to fix any of it - simply outstanding!

Glad you'll learn from it, but I don't think ANY of us wants to be behind you when you go for 6' of air...

John Bennett said:
See?

Those soft rims do serve a purpose.

Your front rim sacrificed itself to protect the rest of the bike.

German engineering at its finest!

That's exactly what the service guy said at the dealership :-D

I just hope hcope1 will get it all on film, that way when I'm back at the hotel room I will have something to watch 8-)

Squeaky said:
Wow, to get out of that without the bike going down was amazing, but to hear that you aren't going to have to pay to fix any of it - simply outstanding!

Glad you'll learn from it, but I don't think ANY of us wants to be behind you when you go for 6' of air...

Or in front of you for that matter. :brainsnap

Glad to hear that. I wonder if Snoopster will have that kind of luck getting her's fixed. ;-)

:chug:

Back