• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

(Re)Introduction

M2

Reaction score
Please allow me to (re)introduce myself...

I was on this forum a long time ago, some of you old timers may remember me as the guy that bought the Honda CBR1000RR Repsol while I was still stationed in Belgium. I was coming back to Texas that summer (2005) and made arrangements with the current owner, who won it in a Ride For Kids raffle, to purchase it once I got settled in San Antonio. At the time I had a 1991 Honda ST1100 that I had since new, and which I took to Germany for four years and Belgium for three.

OK, fast forward to 2008. Since the ST needed tires from a long trip to the UK in October 2004, I decided I would get to it once we got back to Texas. Well, the purchase of the Repsol and a Jeep a year-and-a-half after that meant the ST sat hybernating in the corner of the garage until about three months ago, when I dusted her off, put in a new battery and took her to the local shop for new tires. Unfortunately, she also had some problems with the clutch hydraulics, which took some time to figure out and correct; but I got her back on the road a few weeks ago. Most of my riding on it has been to work and back, but I hope to get her to one of the pie runs soon.

I also still have the CBR, and ride her on occassion but not too much. She is a blast, but not nearly as comfortable as the ST. I still couldn't part with her, at least not yet; so she is squeezed in to the garage next to the Jeep. I've also gotten back into shooting (something I miss from being in the military, I retired in April 2006), so that's another expensive, time consuming hobby that I am trying to maintain. Oh, and I started a second graduate degree as well, just for fun!

So overall I am trying to get back into riding. With the weather getting nicer, that is a lot easier but having a Jeep doesn't help as it is a ton of fun to drive as well! I know, those are some tough problems to have, aren't they? :trust: Still, it is nice to be :rider: again!

Cheers! M2

Lovely Repsol. Have any full size pics of it?

Oh, and welcome back. :thumb:

Here's one...

9Feb20063.jpg

As you can see, I put a fender eliminator on the rear, plus some micro turn signals; as well as some Proton turn signals up front. I've also added a tinted double-bubble on top, as well as a few carbon fiber parts (pipe guard and heel plates); Other than that, it's pretty much still stock...

Cheers! M2

Good to see you again, M2!

You might check with Anthony (macktruckturner) in San Marcos (school) who is also ex-mil and just recently was looking for a range to zero his armory at.

Thanks everyone! :wave: I can't wait until the next pie run in my area (time is more of a constraint than distance).

As for shooting, I have no problems with finding a place to do so, again it is breaking into my schedule (see above-mentioned time/distance constraint). I normally shoot at the Bullethole of 90 west of 1604 in San Antonio, or do IDPA matches at Blackhawk Range a little further south of there. I hope to do a Texas Tactical IDPA match up at Cedar Ridge one of these days, maybe I'll see Anthony (macktruckturner) there as it is closer to where he lives.

And thanks for the compliment on the Repsol, I have always loved that livery and when Sleepy Weasel had one for sale, I couldn't resist!

Cheers! M2

Wow, that is nice looking. Pardon my ignorance... what does "Repsol" mean?

Yep, Repsol sponsors Honda's primary MotoGP team (Gresini sponsors the other one and LCR sponsors a satellite rider on the RC212V, as does JiR Scot) with Nicky Hayden (who won the world championship two years ago) and Dani Pedrosa. However, Hayden is moving over to Ducati next year, and Andrea Dovizioso will replace him on the Repsol squad, soming over from the JiR Scot team...

If you can't tell, I am a bit of a MotoGP fan...

Cheers! M2

Welcome back MM. Good to see you kept the Repsol, shooting and a second degree should take care of any extra money laying around.

Sounds like you're pretty well set up - good to hear everything is working out so well for you. The peak of riding season is just about upon us so you're right on schedule!

Dave.

Thanks for the answers pacman and M2. I figured it was something like that based on the paint job.

Welcome back to the site! :wave: Things have changed a bit while you were gone. We're now over 8000 members and growing pretty fast. I still try to keep things pretty civil here, but with so many people posting so fast, it is hard to stay on top of things :doh:

By the way, the next Pie Run is in Hutto, just up I-35 ;-)

Scott,

Thanks, I might try to make it to Hutto although I do have a business trip the following week so I can't commit definitely at this time. Put me down as a 'maybe'

Brian,

Thanks as well, and I love that avatar! There is a Superfortress at the Lackland parade grounds, it is quite the machine!

Cheers! M2

Back