• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike-less in Burleson

Glad to hear you're doing well so far, no Wing huh! Good luck in the hunt for a replacement.

Glad to hear you're doing well so far, no Wing huh! Good luck in the hunt for a replacement.

I'm not sure what I want to replace it with. Something light but preferably still fast and somewhat comfy. I rode Mac Daddy's super Tenere about a month ago and like it. The v-strom will be a consideration. Yamaha FJR could be a possibility also. If you see anything interesting, let me know. Of course I can't ride for about another month or so due to the knee replacement last Wednesday. Thanks

I actually have my eyes on a 2012 DL 1000. Haven't ridden one yet. If the guy still has it when I recover I'll check it out.
Ive ridden the 014 DL1K & really really liked the changes compared to the first design..... still not as comfy as a Ten for me..... but fun fun fun nontheless. If I hadnt gotten such a deal on the Ten.... Id prob b on one of the 1K Beak Stroms
A wee might not have the ump I want. If I could ever get a certain person on the forum to let me ride his I would know more!
All my friends ridiculed me for moving from my DL1K to a 650
...sayin.... we'll leav ya behind (they bought 1000s after ridin my first 02)
They were wrong.....
Now... I couldnt pass em mind u....
But I was never far behind on any of the 3 650s Ive owned. The 011 is especially sweet riding & gets the best mileage of the 3 (04&06)

The new 1000 is a different story compared to the power of the 650
& the Ten.... well it jus pushes all the rite buttons for me.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ive ridden the 014 DL1K & really really liked the changes compared to the first design..... still not as comfy as a Ten for me..... but fun fun fun nontheless. If I hadnt gotten such a deal on the Ten.... Id prob b on one of the 1K Beak Stroms

All my friends ridiculed me for moving from my DL1K to a 650
...sayin.... we'll leav ya behind (they bought 1000s after ridin my first 02)
They were wrong.....
Now... I couldnt pass em mind u....
But I was never far behind on any of the 3 650s Ive owned. The 011 is especially sweet riding & gets the best mileage of the 3 (04&06)

The new 1000 is a different story compared to the power of the 650
& the Ten.... well it jus pushes all the rite buttons for me.

Thanks Rod for the info. After I get healed up I'll try to ride a few different bikes and see what floats my boat the best. I sure like the looks of the wee like you and Steve have/had.

Looked at CTX700 flavor? I've run into someone on the forum that claimed to really like theirs.

Looked at CTX700 flavor? I've run into someone on the forum that claimed to really like theirs.

I have a friend that sold his wing after buying a CTX1300 and I think he really likes it. The 700 might be too small.

Just found this thread - been traveling. If you'd mentioned it, a certain person might have offered you a ride on his Wee. When I'm back in town, I'll drop by.

Just found this thread - been traveling. If you'd mentioned it, a certain person might have offered you a ride on his Wee. When I'm back in town, I'll drop by.

I know you would brother. I'm not able right now to ride and I knew you were up north a ways. Come on over anytime if nothing else just to visit.

I saw that ad. Cool bike but I'm leaning towards the Jap bikes at this time in my life. Thanks.

Check out the bike ergo app. Select the bike and get an idea of how it might fit your physical dimensions.

You can always select the GL1800 from the drop down menu and write down the various measurements of that bike. Then pick another replacement motorcycle from the provided list. You can then compare and contrast the sitting positions of the two bikes.

RB

Last edited:
9f23b97378f576586347bdd81caca8c1.jpg

I'll pick this 2012 DL1000 up tomorrow.

Almost! I think so but wife doesn't think I should! Just concerned for my welfare. The panniers are nice. SWMotech center stand,engine guards, and skid plate. V-stream windshield. I won't need to add much to it. 14,000 miles2012. Very clean like new bike.

You bought it, Lynn? Great. You'll love it. Plus, best color ever. Not that I'm prejudiced.

Yes I'll go get it tomorrow morning after the bank opens. They were closed today or I'd have gone back tonight!

Yeah....it was also on the Ten too
Nice..... & closer than Knoxville!

Ok. I haven't looked at that forum. It's like a new bike. A few more farkles that I want and it'll be ready to go.

Back