• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend in Late February

I will have to pass on the weekend trip. My son just called. They just got into port in San Diego and will be coming home for 11 days. Haven't seen him since July. Unless something develops I am out.

Thank him for his service from me.
enjoy your time.

Those are professional stunt men. Do not try this at home!

Just spent 2 hrs looking at old videos on Justin's UTube channel. Oh well it is 18 Deg this morn.

That was our first trip to Uncle's and we had a great time. Rode the State Park the next day.

ED29, that was the year the guy broke his leg on Black Gap. I think they were about to send a sweep team out to look for the sweep team when ya'll finally got back.

Maximus ----- You too can be a stunt man. Just send 4 easy payment of $29.99 and we'll send you our illustrated pamphlet containing the 4 essentials everyone should know.

1 How to step off a bike gracefully.
2. How to pick the hardest line through the biggest rocks, and what to say when you don't make it.
3. Plowing the front in deep sand. We got you covered.
4. How to convince yourself this is fun and and that you are a fast healer.

the 4 essentials everyone should know.

2. How to pick the hardest line through the biggest rocks, and what to say when you don't make it.

I love it!

Just spent 2 hrs looking at old videos on Justin's UTube channel. Oh well it is 18 Deg this morn.

That was our first trip to Uncle's and we had a great time. Rode the State Park the next day.

ED29, that was the year the guy broke his leg on Black Gap. I think they were about to send a sweep team out to look for the sweep team when ya'll finally got back.

Maximus ----- You too can be a stunt man. Just send 4 easy payment of $29.99 and we'll send you our illustrated pamphlet containing the 4 essentials everyone should know.

But wait! There's more!
Just pay a separate handling charge and we'll double your order! that's right, you get two, TWO!, easy to follow guides!

Paypal?:trust:

Did you type all of that 1 handed?

So, would Saturday and Sunday be dirt riding or a mix ?

For me it could be dirt or road depending on weather. But you can ride what you want. I'll probably do 2-3 days of gravel, 2-3 days of street, and maybe some hiking or trip into Mexico as well. There is lots to do there. I'll bring my camera and drone as well for photo opportunities.

Bring your passport or passport card and a swimsuit (there is a hot spring in the Natl park).

So I snag my passport out of the safety deposit box ... expired.

I need to get out more often ...

So I snag my passport out of the safety deposit box ... expired.

I need to get out more often ...

In the "good ole days" they used to be good for a year after they expired. Now they're not good for travel if they expire within 6 months of travel.

The last time I got a passport, I also got the passport card. Its only good for travel by road (maybe sea too) into Mexico and Canada. Or it was when I got it. These laws change...

Getting closer, and we are getting busier already. Seems like every time folks have a chance to come down here lots of people do and my tour schedule makes it tough to visit with folks.

If I can scratch out the hours to smoke a brisket would y'all like to come out to my mess in progress (home) for a barbeque and campfire?

How generous ... if you build it, they will come.

:eat3:

Thinking about throwing a leg over a saddle and going for a little ride about next week. Might run into y'all on the porch.

Getting closer, and we are getting busier already. Seems like every time folks have a chance to come down here lots of people do and my tour schedule makes it tough to visit with folks.

If I can scratch out the hours to smoke a brisket would y'all like to come out to my mess in progress (home) for a barbeque and campfire?

That’s a nice offer Ed. We’ll be there if you get the time. We’ll see you regardless. If you don’t have time to cook, we can still come out or meet up in town.

You need anything from the metro mess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reserved a Tent Site!
Ill be heading down from McKinney Friday morning and staying at least until Monday.
Looking forward to it!

Those that are leaving Friday morning from the DFW metromess, how are you travelling?

From Granbury, it appears that it's a toss up time-wise travelling 20 to Monahans and then south vs 67 ...

About have the bike sorted.

2009_XR650L_05-X2.jpg

Wish I had more seat time ...

Last edited:
Ok, still packing and working on getting ready. A slight change for me is that I had to send my passport in to get a visa and so I’ll won’t be going to Mexico this trip. I’m probably only going to bring one bike too. And I’m camping again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, my plans have changed business before pleasure, right?

I need to retire in order fix that.

Might come rolling in first part of next week ...

Retirement is when the REAL work starts, Mitch. I need to get a job so I can have some time off.

I like my retirement gig, get to work on things I want to work on and if I need a brake, I drop everything and haul buns. I will admit, the work is a lot harder physically than the electronics/software engineering eight to five I left.

Now, if it don't rain too hard Thursday so I can ride west. :rider:

Looks beautiful! Im heading to Marfa and then to ride the BB State Park with my brother on Saturday. Never been but cant wait.

Back