• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

**** Sold ****

Rsquared

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Sold 2009 KTM 450 EXC

The bike currently has 9120 miles, and 294 hours on it. Street legal and licensed thru May of 2018. Clear title in hand, $3250 cash. Bike is located in Tomball, TX. PM if interested…

I bought this bike new and have been more places on it than I can remember. So many different dual sport trips in so many great places, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee. It has never let me down. The bike is good condition for all the adventures it’s seen. It’s far from pristine condition, but needs nothing and is ready to go.

Extras:
KTM large 5.5 gallon gas tank
Acerbis 3.5 gallon gas tank
Pro-Moto Billet kickstand
Pro-Bend bark busters
High volume water pump
Manual cam chain tensioner
Double-Take mirror
Kevlar grips
Dunlop Geomax tires in good condition
Recent suspension overhaul
Recent clutch

DSC04125.jpg

DSC04127.jpg

DSC04135.jpg

DSC04130.jpg

DSC04121.jpg

DSC04133.jpg

DSC04132.jpg

DSC04122.jpg

DSC04123.jpg

DSC04111.jpg

DSC04114.jpg

DSC04119.jpg

A couple of the bike at play in Montana.

DSC01762.jpg

DSC01759.jpg

Last edited:
Re: For Sale 2009 KTM 450 EXC

You forgot to mention the oil pump gear upgrade, new piston and rings, and rebuilt suspension. Doesn't use oil.

Also, that big tank is 6.6 gallons. It is an Acerbis branded for KTM. It gives the bike almost a 300 mile range. If I recall, you regularly got 50mpg +/- a few depending on riding conditions.

I've been with Roger on many of the trips he's done on this bike. It has always run fantastic and I can't recall him ever having ANY issue with it.

The big tank is nice for places like this,
Utah_0371.jpg

Utah_0384.jpg

Here's another close up :-P
Utah_0441.jpg

Better?
Utah_0442.jpg

It handles roads like this with ease... That's Roger coming down
Utah_0634.jpg

The big tanks doubles as a radiator guard, and does it well. I have the same tank on my 530 EXC and it has been tested... It also makes a great leg rest when cruising down highways...
Utah_0636.jpg

IMG_9226.jpg

It has been used for week long riding/camping trips and as you can see, can carry quite a bit of gear!
IMG_9267.jpg

You can still get through stuff like this with the big tank on the bike. It holds the weight low.
IMG_9411.jpg

And we turned around and went back through this stuff :doh: :lol2:
IMG_9422.jpg

More rocks, no problem.
IMG_9540.jpg

The camp set up carried on the bike for a seven day trip: 2 man tent, sleeping pad & bag, chair, clothes, food, tools, and spare tubes.
IMG_9578.jpg

A good shot showing the packing of the bike and rider for such a trip
IMG_9654.jpg

This bike won't disappoint you, unless you don't ride it in places likes those above :-P

This bike should be gone by the end of the day. Wish it had been around a few months ago.

Nice. When were the piston / rings done, and what’s the suspension set for?

Nice. When were the piston / rings done, and what’s the suspension set for?

New Vertex piston and rings done 9/03/13 at 4485 miles and 157 hours. Also replaced the valve seals and updated the oil pump gears at that same time. Current springs on the bike are stock, but I do have a set for #200 rider that I'll throw in, if I can find them.

Note: I also corrected the original post for current engine hours are at 294. (dang bi-focals)

Last edited:

I have an '05 version of this bike . It can do Emma Long (hard singletrack) and long camping trips. Always has enough power . Best bike I've ever had. I ride it weekly.

Good deal for a fortunate rider. I need to get one of those big tanks. Only thing I'm missing.

Somebody got a great bike. Roger takes great care of his bikes.

Awesome! Great to see it stay in the family! I hope you have some great adventures on it like Roger did :rider:

Yes I did Thanks Roger, it was great to meet you I love the bike!

So glad this bike has been sold and I can stop trying to scheme the right situation to snap it up. Still, this is the most jealous I have been since I started riding. Congrats!

I knew this wasn't going to last. I was pushing a friend of mine yesterday to snap it up. Oh well, you snooze you lose.

Me? Yeah, love it...but it's been a while. Gotta get it running again.

That bike has taught me more about riding motorcycles than any other bike I've owned. I'm very glad I made the investment.

Just seeing if you still had or wanted to sell. Hard to find local in my price range.

Yes I did Thanks Roger, it was great to meet you I love the bike!

Thank you. It was good meeting you as well. I hope the bike provides you plenty of good memories, like it did for me.

And thanks to everyone for the kind words...

Back