• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Reaction score
So this is the date for our next ride.
This will be an easy run on good gravel roads west of the DFW area. I have a route, but would like to modify it a bit to stop in Muenster for lunch and possibly someplace else. I will keep you posted and get the route posted as soon as I have it worked out.

Not sure what your route plan is but there is a neat little place at 33°25'50.43"N 97°22'58.91"W on CR 398 I try to hit when I ride up that way.
Kind of a rock crossing and cliff cave thing right on the road. If it has been wet it will have some water crossing it.
Usually hit 397/398/353 - all dirt on the way back from Munster.

I may be in the land down under that week but if not I will be sure to join up with you guys as last month was a lot of fun.

Jon

Here is the route for the October 22...

Its called the Muenster Run.... Because I think we are going to stop in Muenster and grab some good German Food!

144 miles.... Should be easy back roads...I have not planned on any water crossings or difficult trails.. Just back county roads and German food.

It should not be hot, It should be a nice October day.

Come and join me...

I will review the route in the coming weeks...and I will modify and update as I always do.

Chris

Attachments

• MuensterRun (1).gpx
    216.7 KB · Views: 403
Ok guys... We are coming up on a week out from the ride.

Start letting me know who is going so I can have an idea on how many we will have.

I am looking forward to having a nice German Lunch in Munester!

Chris

Chris, it will just be me this time, Sylvie is recovering from her leg operation, Rebecca has things to do for school and Dan is not yet ready to ride!!

Gary

I'm new here, and I'm mostly a lurker. But yall are heading out into my backyard, so i'll try to tag a long!

Dane

Might be interested in this ride, have ridden a lot up in that area....having trouble actually opening your file, ( I think my adobe reader is messed up ). Can anyone tell me where this ride actually starts; ...until I get my adobe reader reinstalled?

Thanks

Don

I'm new here, and I'm mostly a lurker. But yall are heading out into my backyard, so i'll try to tag a long!

Dane

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Might be interested in this ride, have ridden a lot up in that area....having trouble actually opening your file, ( I think my adobe reader is messed up ). Can anyone tell me where this ride actually starts; ...until I get my adobe reader reinstalled?

Thanks

Don

Does Adobe reader open GPX files?

I remembered I have Garmin basecamp. I now have the route....looks like the ride starts just east of I35 E on 380 in Denton. Thanks for the help.

Don

Yes it does, at the Walmart parking lot and the Race Track gas station.

It should be a nice easy ride to explore the back roads in the North West area.

Wish I could make it but Sundays don't work. I'll keep an eye out for a Saturday ride down the road. Post some pics along the way. I may try the ride solo some time as it's in my backyard.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

What time will we be completing the ride? I need to let the gf know how long I will be gone..

Back