• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CRAZY weather !!

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Around 6:00pm or so, we had a nasty storm rip through town. We hunkered down when I could no longer see the house across the street and golf ball sized hail was covering the yard. We are all fine, as are the neighbors. The house is fine, minor damage. A massive pine tree came down on my garage and did a number on the roof, with several large branches penetrating inside. It also took out part of the back porch cover as well. The bikes and everything else are fine. My truck, enclosed bike trailer, and our van took a beating, but no broken glass. There are LOTS of downed trees and huge branches all over the neighborhood. Power lines are down all over the place. It’s a real mess. I’m going to be running the chainsaw a LOT for the next week or so!

Cell service is spotty at best, so I can’t upload pics yet. Will try later if I can get better service.

I sure hope every one else is okay!!

Man, that is tough. Glad everyone is ok. We got hail dime size lost electricity and 2" rain in two days. Strange weather for sure.

Glad y'all are ok. We got a light rain Saturday evening but otherwise nothing. It's amazing how centralized those storms can be.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Scott, that is a bummer, maybe the truck and trailer will have better aerodynamics with the dimple effect? Sorry, I really hate to joke about that, would make me sick to think of my new truck getting slammed like that.

I am glad everyone is ok, still makes me feel a bit sick in my stomach.

We saw those storms forming yesterday, but they went around Austin and then reformed.

Good luck with the cleanup.

Glad you and the family are safe, and hopefully your insurance will sort out the garage.

Crazy Scott my daughter is in an apartment over behind the old HEB and they got no hail to speak of small pea sized stuff

Yep, those branches showing through the garage ceiling like spikes were scary.

I have tons of pics, but we live in a serious dead zone cell wise. Doing good to text, make some calls even though most drop, and FB seems to work fairly well. Pics take a LONG time to upload, if they upload at all.

Power will be out at least until Wednesday, possibly longer. We do have a generator for keeping food good, lamps, and a fan.

A BIG shout out to EuroMedic showing up to run a chainsaw all day for us!! Also, Snoopster came over and helped drag everything into our burn piles, of which we now have 7-8 large piles!

Another friend that does tree work came to help. His helper fell from pretty high, landed head first, and then the 8-10” diameter branch landed on his head and ribs. He was life flighted to Herman Hospital in Houston and we have no idea how he is doing. Peter (EuroMedic) is an EMT, so he was Johnny on the spot to help until the ambulance arrived. If you are the praying type, Bo could use them right now! He’s got no family and has been living in he local shelter, doing pickup work to get by. He’s going to have a long and likely rough recovery ahead.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of the storm damage, but insurance and time will get you back to normal. Bo, on the other hand, will need a lot of help in the weeks to come. Please keep us informed of his condition (and possibly a Gofundme account). Prayers for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mind keeps going back to Bo, I feel bad that he got so hurt trying to help... Hope he heals and makes a complete recovery.

We all have so much, I feel bad for those less fortunate. I think a go fund me would be a great idea...

Clean up is going well, almost done. Power came on late Tuesday.

Bo is out of the hospital and back in Huntsville at the mission. He had a bad concussion, fractured neck (not totally broken), some broken ribs, and a punctured lung. I spoke with the mission director and he said they'll be able to take care of him while he recovers.

My garage roof will have to be removed completely and the framing rebuilt. Not sure about the wall framing yet. All siding and the AC unit will get replaced. House will be getting re-roofed. Truck and van will be getting the PDR treatment. Not sure about my enclosed trailer yet.

Scott, glad it can be dealt with, still a huge PIA. Let me know how the PDR goes. Two months ago I bought a new 2018 pickup and a week later one of our dogs got scared out in the country and tried to get back into the truck by jumping up on the hood and dancing around a bit.

Thank goodness for clear coat but there are a few scratches I would like try and make go away if it can be done without causing more long term damage. I have never had anything like this happen before. I am guessing they can do something without wrecking the factory finishes... ?

Good to hear that Bo should make a full recovery, sure hope his neck heals 100%. Anything we can do to help him or the mission?

I saw some of the pics you and Beth posted on FB. Wow. I'm glad you guys are all okay and that the damage is manageable.

Was wondering how ya'll come out, glad to hear it wasn't worse.

We're waiting on ins adjuster to come out gf's mother lost the porch roof, and the little RV we stored there lost 3 windows, a skylight and had the metal sheet pulled loose on the **** end.
Guess my next few weekends are gonna be spent up there than here @ home.

I am so glad that Bo is on the mend! Thank you God!

It is a blessing to be there when he fell and was hit by the branch. I did not realize that he actuslly fell out of the tree until after the ambulance arrived!

That said, I commend the following:

Scott for making a detailed 911 call and networking with his local EMS friend

Beth for preparing the ice pack and retrieving blankets.

Sarah for getting the chair.

Daniel for being our ‘runner’. He did fantastic!

Roy for remaining calm and helping with keeping Bo calm despite his connection with him as tree removal team.

Huntsville Walker County EMS for their prompt response.

All of us are the links in the chain that gave Bo the best treatment possible under the circumstances.

Praise God for his wisdom and light through us all!

Back