• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

Anybody for trailers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody else going to SCCA at COTA? I’m going to head out there tomorrow afternoon. It’s free!

Anybody else going to SCCA at COTA? I’m going to head out there tomorrow afternoon. It’s free!

I like COTA, and I like free. Might just need to do this....

I’m going to wait til better weather tomorrow.

I was thinking of heading out there tomorrow, but not sure until my wife gets back in town tonight.

Sorry, I considered it, but have a bunch of things to accomplish workwise today.

Once Punxsutawney Phil officially says spring has finally started, I expect more folks will show up.

:jammin:

SEYA,

RB

No way. I almost am never in meetings and have several over the next two days. So I have to stay close to the office.

Actually, I just went from a 'yes' to a 'maybe'...
...and not because WoodButcher is out :)

Good to see most of the regulars today, including Not Dave.

It looks like mo' rain well into next week in the hill country. That's not too bad, considering in Montana this week had an almost 90 degree temperature swing in one day...yes, this really happened Tuesday in Fort Belknap, Montana, thanks to Chinook winds causing the temperature to rise from an early-morning low of minus 37 degrees to an afternoon high of 45 degrees, a temperature change of 82 degrees in less than a day.

RB

Maybe. Weather looks good, I rode to work. Just depends on whether I can get away for long enough.

Spring riding is in full bloom

...met the Billy's regulars and talked shop today! It was good to see everyone. TexTom arrived on his new Triumph TigerXR 800. Congratulations on the awesome striple.

i-6bgDPt9-M.jpg

It seems that March has the TWTEX forum bursting with riding activity as folks are taking extended tours to all points west and south. Talking about the south, longtime Billy's enthusiasts ThomasM and JeffS are riding to Copper Canyon this month with a stop-over at Uncle's Big Bend Ride.

Forum member Axolotl and several other local TWTEX members are also heading to Mexico to the historic town Real de Catorce the next several weeks. This 'ghost-town' in the high and dry expanses of northern San Luis Potosí state was once a thriving silver mining settlement. It is located around 9,000 feet of elevation.

There is also a more formal ride planned to Mexico in June by the Texas Adventure Group. Mexico offers diversity of terrain almost unmatched in North America!

For those wanting to stay closer to home, there is the annual International Yamaha Tenere Meet and Ride in Kerrville, Texas on the April 13th. weekend.

Finally, there is one dude who just finished dual-sporting...on the ocean. He met some cool surfers along the way. Seriously, this is not a pipe dream. Check out the video below in full screen if possible.

Happy Trails,

RB

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDi9uFcD7XI"]Pipe Dream on KTM[/ame]

Last edited:
Out - will be en route to Terlingua. Who from this crowd is going?

Out - will be en route to Terlingua. Who from this crowd is going?

Have a great time. Take lots of sunscreen as the forecast shows high in the 90's.

I'll be late to lunch today.

Back