• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Well hey there

Reaction score
Hey TWT Peoples,

I moved down to Austin back in 2003, got into bikes couple years later, never looked back. I like riding street and dualsport and tinkering on bikes. I've got a good crew of riding buddies but always looking to meet more motorcyclists and discover new routes and events.

Just got turned on to TWT recently by a friend, looks like a great resource, happy to be on board.

I'll attach some pics of current and past bikes.

If anyone knows of good Austin area meetups I'm all ears.

- dt

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20120530-DSC00196.jpg
    20120530-DSC00196.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 264
  • 20140425-DSC01583.jpg
    20140425-DSC01583.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_6616.jpg
    IMG_6616.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 259
  • bmw.jpg
    bmw.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 253
Welcome. That top picture is a little dark - do I see two Bonnevilles in your stable?

Welcome along, enjoy the madness, it never goes away once you have caught it.

:welcome:

Bad Timing! You just missed CuznBob's Season Kickoff Party but he's a good guy to know so stop by and say Howdy some time.
WHAT? Cuznbob's Season Start Party 2016. WHEN? Saturday March 26th Noonish-5ish. WHY? It's Free! Free food, drinks, raffle, cosponsored by Shop Mom Insurance, my neighbor Kirk at Pro Modular Performance, Circle Brewing Company, and 4th Tap Brewing Co-op. Returning live music from The Future of Air Travel, and new this year Ed Baker & Half Baked! Burlesque from Roxie Moxie's girls!

LINKY

Thanks guys!

Camilo - thanks for pointing out that thread

tshelfer - The Bonnies belong to my pals. That shot is from a trip we did out to big bend.

garfey - Dang! Sounds like a good time.

Austin Events on my short list right now include the Handbuilt show and Super Hooligan event happening during motoGP and the Austin Eastsider in June.

Thanks again for the welcome!

Too bad about the Bonnies, but good for your friends. Lovely bikes. I was going to inform you that, in the spirit of the 99 percenters, you should feel obligated to give one of them to me. But I guess that's not happening. :mrgreen:

tshelfer - That would only be fair, can't hord bonnies ;-)

The first proper motorcycle I ever threw a leg over was a T100. I had only been riding scooters for a couple years so the Bonnie seemed massive at the time.

kickstand~prophet - I sure do. It's been a project for the past two years or so. It came to me in full blue plastics and I've been stripping it down and reshaping it ever since. It's a fun bike, a bit long, a bit heavy, but I dig it.

kickstand~prophet - I sure do. It's been a project for the past two years or so. It came to me in full blue plastics and I've been stripping it down and reshaping it ever since. It's a fun bike, a bit long, a bit heavy, but I dig it.

Reshaping it,now you have every ones attention:rider:

Well "reshaping" may be a bit of an overstatement. To date work has included:
  • Removing all plastics
  • Removing ABS hardware (too ugly)
  • Bobbed frame about 5 inches
  • Custom seat
  • Removing cowl and replacing with single round headlight
  • Replacing instrumentation with little Acewell pod
  • New controls (handlebars, grips, bar ends, mirrors, etc.)
  • Aluminum front fender w/ custom mounts
  • Had tank panted metallic charcoal gray with satin finish
  • Custom CNC'd aluminum "flying brick" badges
  • Perforated trim pieces
  • Taillight and indicators
  • Stainless brake lines
  • ... and likely a few other items I'm forgetting
Few more pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4590.jpg
    IMG_4590.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 143