• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Going long

Reaction score
First Name
Emile
Last Name
Unverzagt
High there. I was referred to this site by Buelligan. :clap: I must say, I've been browsing and really appreciate the sharing of knowledge going on here.

I'm 40yr old and have been been riding 5 yrs now. Mostly group rides-Fayetteville, 3090, Chappell Hill etc. Managed to work in a few sisters trips, and trailered trips to CO & AR and once rented Gold Wing for a day in the Smokeys. Now planning on riding my k1200s out to CO for 10 days of camping & riding bliss.
I'll post up details, wife said I can go solo this time, but must have company on any future ride like this.

Sounds like my wife. I made a run to northern Colorado last summer. Met another member on this site on the way back and all I got from her was "you are crossing the country with some psycho you met on the Internet?!?!" She's lucky she's awesome. Welcome to the site!

psycho you met on the Internet?!?!"
Ha Ha...love it:rofl:

Thanks for the invite Morg. Not getting out this weekend though...trying to save my tires for CO trip.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! :wave:

If your wife worries about you on trips, maybe you could get a SPOT messenger. This would let her keep tabs on your route and know if you are in trouble.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/

Thank you Tourmeister. I'm gonna look into it, but wives are still gonna worry. I use the Glimpse app, but it doesn't work when out of cell service :shrug:

Thank you Tourmeister. I'm gonna look into it, but wives are still gonna worry. I use the Glimpse app, but it doesn't work when out of cell service :shrug:

:tab Yeah my wife's rule is that no matter how bad it might be, if I can talk AT ALL, it better be my voice she hears on the other end of the phone IF she gets "the call".

Back