• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas Bootlegger, anyone?

JcatDRZ

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I am considering this ride at the end of the month. Information can be found at arkansasbootlegger.com

Anyone else planning on going? Anyone ever done it?

Cheers!

I'm thinking about it.

The ride reports from '16 look great and the weather is usually spectacular that time of year. $160 for a weekend seems like a pretty good deal considering eats are included. :clap:

I'm thinking about it.

The ride reports from '16 look great and the weather is usually spectacular that time of year. $160 for a weekend seems like a pretty good deal considering eats are included. :clap:

Right on man. I agree that it seems like a great deal too. Its a good 10 hour drive for me is all. I am trying to find someone who wants to carpool and split fuel costs. I have a buddy who is considering, but very noncommittal..

It sure looks like a lot of fun! I already have a three-day trip planned the weekend before so I don't think I can get off work two fridays in a row. But if something changes, I would definately be interested in trying this out.

10 hours is indeed a haul.

I'd probably leave Longview mid-day Thursday, ride Fri-Sat, and return on Sunday. Always nice to have somebody to make sure you got back to camp! :giveup:

I'm going. Plan on riding from north of Fort Worth. Just need the rear rack to get here for my bike.

I just signed up. Hopefully I can join up with some of you guys as I'll be arriving solo.

Looking forward to a great weekend. :rider:

I just signed up. Hopefully I can join up with some of you guys as I'll be arriving solo.

Looking forward to a great weekend. :rider:

Right on! I very well may be arriving solo as well. Leaving the Houston area early Thursday morning. How about you?

Justin

Right on! I very well may be arriving solo as well. Leaving the Houston area early Thursday morning. How about you?

Justin,

I'll be leaving Longview just before mid-day to arrive in time for the dinner Thursday evening. I'm in a slate colored Tundra with a XRR in the back.

Richard

You'll have a good time on this ride. I did it last year and I've done the spring ride a couple of times. Wish I could make it this year. Make sure to take a tour of the refuge.

You'll have a good time on this ride. I did it last year and I've done the spring ride a couple of times. Wish I could make it this year. Make sure to take a tour of the refuge.

Awesome. I am really looking forward to it. Is there some pretty technical riding involved?

Justin,

I'll be leaving Longview just before mid-day to arrive in time for the dinner Thursday evening. I'm in a slate colored Tundra with a XRR in the back.

Richard

Sounds good Richard. I hope to be arriving around the same time.

Anyone else from the Houston area interested in carpooling?

Awesome. I am really looking forward to it. Is there some pretty technical riding involved?

Unlikely. This is a D/S ride and the geezer quota is usually high. Great area, great routes, I'll bet everyone comes home smiling.

Scotty changes to routes every year, but like Irishcoffee said, nothing real technical. If you want technical, Scotty or one of the other locals can direct you to some. There are usually several water crossings that can be sketchy depending on recent rain.
All this talk is making me want to go again. :rider:

Well I am paid up! I would still like to find someone to carpool with (we can take my truck) if anyone is interested.

the geezer quota is usually high

Okay, that was the determining factor. I am in and paid up. I will be trailering up from Fort Worth on Thursday. Anybody in my area want a lift. I have room on the trailer for another bike or two.

Thanks for leading Mike. Enjoyed riding with you and Justin Saturday. Spokedoc and I had a short ride Sunday morning, with a little lecture from one of the locals, LOL. Sunday afternoon was a great ride to Mena with Brent on the Husky 701. He had a little get off Monday morning at Wolf Pen Gap, I made sure he got back to town (he has friends there) but haven't heard how his knee is yet. I hope all is good. The Talimena scenic byway was in the clouds this time, so not as scenic as usual, with a little tension from what seemed like 10 feet of visibility.

Cliff

Last edited:
.... Spokedoc and I had a short ride Sunday morning, with a little lecture from one of the locals, LOL. ....

Cliff

I tried to defuse her anger by being as pleasant and agreeable as possible. It mostly didn't work. She just needed to unload a piece of her mind on me. I felt bad that we angered her by riding in front of her property and caused the associated dust. I like to be at peace with all people as much as it is possible.

Enjoyed the ride with you Sunday anyway.

It was good!
Dusty but good!

It was dusty indeed!

IMG_3630-X3.jpg

More photos here... SmugMug Acct

More photos here... SmugMug Acct

Thanks for the great pics. I really like the pictures you captured on the hill, especially me :clap: I didn't know the camera was on me or I would have probably managed some out-of-control acrobatic aerial dismount with an unmanned bike launch into the camera man.
bootlegger2017cropped.png

Thanks for the pics. I have missed so many good rides in the last few years its disgusting. Almost sold my DS bike last week. One of these days, hopefully I can get back in the saddle..

Back