• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

North Texas Ride - October 22, 2017

Not sure which route is the To or Return route.
Is the morning route though Bolivar or is that the Return leg?
May join up with you all, you come right by my house when you go north from Bolivar and turn onto Wade Road and cross Forester Road.
Or if that is the return leg, I can meet up when you get East of Slidell.
I am trying to get my bike back together by then. Have been chasing an electrical gremlin.
Thanks..

Wade road is on the North bound route.

I will be leaving from the Race Trac gas station. But I will ride over to the Wal-mart parking lot before we leave to make sure we are all together.

Weather - Looks like it will pass by us before we gather and leave...then a sunny day of riding.

I was looking over this file in osmand and it's showing no waypoints... Is that correct?

Usually there are not waypoints unless I put them in. I import it as a GPX file with route only.

Chris, I guess what is confusing me is when I open up the gpx in osmand is there is no starting point or end point so I can't even figure out where to meetup unless someone happens to mention it in the thread. Also there are no street names or anything shown (in osmand. Just what appears to be gps track. Are you still using osm for your map software?
I'm sorry but it just doesn't seem to be as user friendly as a typical gps and I'm trying to learn more but osmand doesn't have much as far as features on iOS.

Shows the street names and stuff for me. Maybe you don't have the Texas detail map go to menu - download maps and make sure you download the USA Texas map.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Works fine for me too.
I believe this is a TRACK, not a route.
Works on my Montana 600.

I figured out the issue. I had attempted to download the Texas map and because it was so large it did not download over my data connection. I'm thinking of hooking up for the ride but I'm doubtful right now. Got a lot going on over the weekend.

I am not going to make it either. Currently in AU. I am flying to Darwin tomorrow and am trying to work out renting a DRZ for Sunday to go for a ride in the outback. Hope you guys have fun on that ride, it is in my back yard and I ride some of those roads every week.

I am going to try to make it. I don't see a time mentioned. What time are you planning on heading out?

Can someone please confirm, it looks like the ride will start from Walmart in Denton, I have this address and would like someone to confirm I am going to the correct place!!

Walmart - 2750 W.University Dr, Denton, TX 76201.
I assume kickstands up at 8:00am, so plan on being there for 7:45.

Regards Gary

Last edited:
Just saw this thread and am interested in possibly joining you guys on this ride. Sundays don't usually work for me but I need to do some riding. If I make it I will see you guys at the Walmart before 8:00 I'm guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your are correct Gary...i will be at the Race track before hand..kick stands up at 8 am. I will go back and forth between Wal-Mart and Race Track....see you there!

This thread is closed.... any further comments go in the "After the Ride" section

Back