• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD - FOR SALE CHEAP -Kawasaki Versy 650 LT ABS 2105, 12,000miles

Reaction score
Warrington UK but bike kept in Houston Texas
Hi all, I am a Brit who bought the above bike new earlier this year for my USA road trip. I keep the bike at my sons place in Houston. He has now decided to move back to the UK and hence the bike needs to go to a good home. I have contacted a local dealer in Houston and he has offered me "trade" price but I thought someone on here may want it before it goes to the dealer.

I had a fabulous time on the road trip and did 12,000 trouble free miles to Anchorage and back. The bike is a peach and is faultless apart from needing a new rear tyre soon and it is probably due a new chain. It has been meticulously maintained and runs as sweet as a nut - I am happy to guarantee in writing that everything works as it should. I look after my bikes.

Whilst stored the bike has a full fuel tank with stabil added and the battery was removed and regularly charged. The costs involved in bringing it back to the UK are prohibitive so if anyone wants a cheap bike in top condition please pm me.

Crash bobbins, gear indicator, 12V supply and a Givi tank ring are fitted.

No reasonable off will be refused as I would prefer it to go to a good home rather than a dealer.

My son is the "legal" owner and has all of the paperwork. Obviously a quick sale is preferred. Here are a few pics and you will also find my email...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/OsgMdNsfs7wDihx43

ps.... how you guys ride a bike during a texan summer is beyond me... boy is it hot!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Re: FOR SALE CHEAP -Kawasaki Versy 650 LT ABS 2105, 12,000miles

:clap:
Just to add. The dealer will only give me 4250 dollars for the bike so if anyone can match that I will be happy. :clap::rider:

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Someone's gonna get a great deal. Enjoyed your trip report too. GLWS.

ps.... how you guys ride a bike during a texan summer is beyond me... boy is it hot!

Oddly enough, this was a fairly mild summer; not a lot of 100* days, none of those face-melting 107* days. How do we do it? We buy really good flow-through gear, and we go really fast! :-P

Oddly enough, this was a fairly mild summer; not a lot of 100* days, none of those face-melting 107* days. How do we do it? We buy really good flow-through gear, and we go really fast! :-P
Phew! Cannot imagine what 107 degrees would be like on a bike!!!
A chap was going to view the bike tonight but decided not to so it looks like it is going to Houston motorcycle exchange tomorrow.
Shame nobody wants it. I thought it would be snapped up at 4250 dollars but not to worry.

Phew! Cannot imagine what 107 degrees would be like on a bike!!!
A chap was going to view the bike tonight but decided not to so it looks like it is going to Houston motorcycle exchange tomorrow.
Shame nobody wants it. I thought it would be snapped up at 4250 dollars but not to worry.

Wow, if I wasn't in love with my Tiger 1050 I would be all over this. This is a great deal on a great one up traveler.

is this still for sale? I sent a PM with my phone yesterday.
thank you.

Hi, yes, just got it and have replied... will check to see if my son has contacted the dealer yet.

edit. I am not sure I am doing the pm thing correctly so .....jam.ranch...... I have not managed to get hold of my son (he will be at work) but if he has not already made any arrangements with the dealer I am sure we can work something out. I am really fond of this little bike and would love it to go to someone who will appreciate it and look after it.

I am happy to guarantee in writing that it has no faults and runs perfectly. The Kawasaki warranty is valid until April 2018.

I appreciate the buying a bike can be stressful but all I can say is that I have 100% confidence that you will be absolutely delighted with it - it runs better than when I bought it new.

The bike was bought to take me on my road trip and I had planned to leave it in Houston for when I visit my son but his move back to the UK means it has to go. I have never had a new bike before and I looked after it with religious zeal with the intention of many more US road trips. It took me 12,000 glorious miles and it owes me nothing - it was the trip of a lifetime so I have no problem loosing a bit of money on it. It was worth every penny.

Anyway, if it is still sat at my sons place you are more than welcome to come and see it and try it out.

I will try the pm thing again so can you let me know if you receive it?

Regards

John

Last edited:

Someone is getting a crazy-good deal on this!

Now sold to a very nice chap from Texas. Glad it has gone to a good home and I hope he has as much fun on it as I did!

Regards to all... Texas is a fabulously friendly place and I hope I get back one day - just not in the summer!

John

^^^ Thank you John and to your fine son Tom.

Real pleasure talking to you both.She’ll be here in Cen-Tex for you to ride when ever you make it back.

Would love to hear about your sailboat trip from Africa to America someday.

Got a feeling you’ll be back and I’ll be sure and give you a shout when I finally
Make it across the pond.

BTW....the Union Jack flags are staying on the bike....you earned em mate.

Down the Road.......

JD

Hi James, I am glad that little bike is yours now and delighted you are leaving the Union Jacks on!
We crossed hot deserts, cold mountains, miles of dirt roads and saw most of the western side of the USA all the way up to sunny Alaska, on a fabulous adventure, so I got to know the bike very well indeed. She is a peach and got me out of trouble on more than one occasion!
Best wishes to you and I am sure you will have many happy miles riding in the Texas Hill Country.

John :)

ps. I would love to see a pic of it in its new home if you get a chance!

Last edited:
Hi James, I am glad that little bike is yours now and delighted you are leaving the Union Jacks on!
We crossed hot deserts, cold mountains, miles of dirt roads and saw most of the western side of the USA all the way up to sunny Alaska, on a fabulous adventure, so I got to know the bike very well indeed. She is a peach and got me out of trouble on more than one occasion!
Best wishes to you and I am sure you will have many happy miles riding in the Texas Hill Country.

John :)

ps. I would love to see a pic of it in its new home if you get a chance!

Last edited:
FarmerBoy- You may leave Texas but Texas never leaves you. Truly the best country in the world. Friendly folks, beautiful women, great roads, incredible varied terrain, great BBQ, great Tex-Mex, etc etc etc.....I am blessed to call this awesome place home. TEXAS FOREVER.

Back